THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Seeking advice about Cartoon Licensing

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Ross | 3 comments My Car Never Listens To Me by Steve Ross
I'd like to pick your brain on a certain subject: The licensing of images (comedic?) for commercial use including advertising.

I believe that the attached animated (self-driving) car with arms & legs image has commercial potential.

Any thoughts on how I could take this image (and other cartoon images in my book covers and interior illustrations) and get the attention of companies who might benefit from its use?

Should I try to find a cartoon-art agent to sell these? Do I send a letter to someone at Walmart/Google Cars/greeting card companies/wherever?

How to proceed?

Thank you.

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina Briganti | 35 comments The best way that I have found is to have your image printed onto whichever items you think will sell, i.e. posters, greeting cards, shirts, magnets, stickers, etc. and sell them yourself through ebay, Etsy, Amazon and the like. Or vend at Comicon and similar shows.
Another option is to upload it to a website like Fotolia where customers pay a licensing fee to use it. I don't think there's as much profit in that.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bates (sarahbates) | 83 comments Google "licensing companies" and find ones that prefer the type of art you have. Contact them directly.

message 4: by Gracie (new)

Gracie Bradford | 10 comments Steve, Check - You might be able to sell through this venue.

back to top