Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 1st book in a 7-part series - urban fantasy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Leigh (kaialeigh) | 6 comments I've had one fantastic beta reader so far, but would love to get more eyes on this, as it's the first in the series. Three books are written and in the process of being prepped for release over the next 18 months, and I plan to release this one in November this year (is currently with an editor for a final look-over, but is in pretty good shape).

Timeline is by the end of October - mostly so I can incorporate feedback into the final layout for release on the 16th November.

The book is 127K but it's fast paced and an easy read. I can provide a list of things that I'm interested in from a feedback pov, but mostly I want to know if UF fans are going to like this book, are going to 'get' the characters, if it's fun, if it's interesting, and the biggie, if the writing is good enough to take its place a crowded marketplace and still find a readership.

Nb. I'm in New Zealand, and have decided to use our vernacular and cultural in-jokes... not to lock out the wider audience, but to invite them into my isolated little home here at the bottom of the world and share our humour with the world.

The blurb:

There are no wolves in New Zealand - never have been. But for over six hundred years there have been werewolves.

Adopted into the West Auckland pack, Alessandra De Witt is one of a handful of people who knows they're there. To her, folks going furry is just part of life. But while in wolf circles she's nothing extraordinary, inside Liss lies an ability that could show itself at any time... or not. No one really knows.

And as Liss tries to figure out what to do with her life, dark forces are watching and waiting, ready to make use of her power as soon as it appears.

On that day, you'd better believe things are going to get messier than a rugby club's after-party.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send the MS through to you. :-)

Cheers,

Kaia.

message 2: by Helen (last edited Oct 17, 2016 05:34AM) (new)

Helen | 28 comments Hey Kaia - I'm an Aussie. Kiwi werewolves, - bring it on! My email is arishorrocks@gmail.com if you would like to send it through.

message 3: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Leigh (kaialeigh) | 6 comments Hi Helen, you should get a laugh out of this one if you're an Aussie. :-) Will send it through. Thank you!

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen | 28 comments Looking forward to it Kaia! Are you familiar with Text Publishing in Melbourne and the annual Text Prize? It might be worth you having a look at if not.

https://www.textpublishing.com.au/tex...

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen | 28 comments Looking forward to it Kaia! In case you don't know, when it is ready make sure to send it to Text Publishing in Melbourne - they publish a lot of Urban Fantasies set in this part of the world. They have an annual competition in February each year which it might be worth you entering.

message 6: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Leigh (kaialeigh) | 6 comments Thanks Helen - I had to make a few adjustments, but can send through now I've made them. I'll take a look at textpublishing... sounds very positive!

Cheers, K.

message 7: by Helen (new)

Helen | 28 comments Go for it.