Retro Reads Young Adult discussion

Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Joy | 5 comments Mod
Would love to get to know everyone (that I don't already know) so feel free to introduce yourselves! <3

message 2: by Ai (new)

Ai (aiturnizzle) | 1 comments Hey guys Aisah from the FB group. Love having yet another outlet for all things retro reading

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenhoadley) | 3 comments Hi all! I'm Jen. I belong to the FB group, but am not active on FB much, so most of you probably know me from Instagram (sweetvalleybooks). Looking forward to meeting more 80's/90's book lovers in this group!

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Hi everyone! :)

Great to have you here. Feel free to start posts, and invite friends and whatever else you feel like doing!

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 1 comments Hi. I'm Caroline from the UK. Member of the fb group and its cool we're on here now too.

message 6: by Eli (new)

Eli (drummerlovereli) | 1 comments Finally figured out how to accept the group invitation online rather than trying to use the app itself. I'm also from the Facebook group and though most people are from Australia I am from the US, Florida to be exact. I go by Eli (said as Ellie) and my favorite retro books to read are Babysitters Club (still trying to finish my collection after all these years) and anything by Lois Duncan to name a few.

message 7: by Pages (new)

Pages Hi everyone,

I’ve just stumbled across this group and well frankly I’ve never grown out of my love for YA books. Hope I never do :)

I’m not sure how active everyone is but nice to see people out there with a love for retro YA.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Is everybody in here in the Facebook group?

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn J Hi folks, I'm a new member who just stumbled in. I loved reading Point Horror and Nancy Drew as a teen in the 90s.

message 10: by Pages (new)

Pages Hi Lyn,

I too stumbled across this group recently 😁

I loved Nancy drew too. Did you ever read the case files that were slightly sexier?

I looked at my bookshelf and saw sugar and spice books and Caitlin forever and always.

I recall Caitlin being very rich, engaged and riding horses all the time.

message 11: by Pages (new)

Pages I was a huge fan of point horror too. The lifeguard was one of the earliest ones i read.

One of the ones that always stuck with me was when she wishes she was prettier and looks in the mirror and the next day she is stunning and everything seems amazing until they aren’t.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn J Farrah wrote: "I was a huge fan of point horror too. The lifeguard was one of the earliest ones i read.

One of the ones that always stuck with me was when she wishes she was prettier and looks in the mirror and..."

I don't recall reading any of the case files, I wouldn't have copies of them as this series I always took out at the school library.
Point horrors though I bought regularly, my first was the boyfriend by RL Stine with the lifeguard being one of my favourites.

message 13: by Nell (new)

Nell | 5 comments Hey I’m Nell, wondering if this group is still active. I would love to participate

message 14: by Allison (new)

Allison Hi, I love these old horror books. I grew up on them and started collecting and reading them again. I am excited to see that there others who share my interests.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 6 comments Nobody ever posts in here :( I am slowly finding old RL Stine books & collecting them. Yes, I'm older but I still love a good RLS book. haha

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Hi guys, sorry, it is a bit quiet in here! I currently run an Instagram account called Retro Reads, I think most of you will enjoy that and it’s often buzzing with activity! Instagram.com/retro_reads (@retro_reads) ❤️

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 6 comments Oh, sweet!!! I will start following on there too. I just looked & loooove all the retro covers!!! Thanks!

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Thanks Kimberly 😊❤️

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (muffinjessica) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Jessica. I loved Sweet Valley and Goosebumps growing up.

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula | 1 comments Hi I’m paula I grew reading the sweet valley series and the babysitters club

message 21: by Nell (new)

Nell | 5 comments Hi Paula and Jessica I love Sweet Valley High, goosebumps and Babysitters Club too.

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (muffinjessica) | 2 comments Hi Nell and Paula! We should do a re-read. I'm sure the library must have these kicking around. Or at least the Sweet Valley High: Senior Year series

Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (brightbeautifulthings) Hi, I'm Carrie! I'm not from the FB group, but I'm so excited to stumble on this group! Christopher Pike is one of my favorite authors, and I had a major Sweet Valley devotion growing up. Happy to meet everybody!