J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive-BOM Noms/Polls 2021 > November Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10206 comments Mod
Nominations are now being accepted for our November Book of the Month. You may nominate any book from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genre or from any one of the many sub genres, with the exception of books by J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts. We explore Robb's In Death series in Buddy Reads & other discussions in this group. And we read & discuss Nora Roberts books with our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies. We encourage you to join the discussions any time.

*Nominations for our November Book of the Month will be accepted through Oct. 22. The poll for voting will open Oct. 23 and close at midnight on Oct. 29.

Monthly Book Nomination Guidelines:

1-Each member may nominate 2 books per month. Please include a link to the book that you nominate.

2-Please - Only nominate books that you intend to read and discuss with this group.

3-Nominated books must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres or one of the many sub genres.

4-Nominated books must be the first book in a series unless the Robb group has read the preceding books previously.

5-If your nomination wins the poll, we would love for you to consider leading the Book of the Month discussion for that month. Leading the discussion can be as simple as sharing your thoughts and encouraging others to share theirs, or you may prefer to post questions. The choice will be yours if you decide to lead the discussion.

6-J.D. Robb and Nora Robert books are not eligible for nomination. We invite you to join us as we explore the In Death series books in our In Death Buddy Reads and enjoy discussing the Nora Roberts titles in our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies.

7-Should an issue arise that results in the winning book being disqualified, the book that received the 2nd most votes will automatically become the replacement Book of the Month.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (luthiennienna) | 10 comments The Quiche of Death I will be starting this series, after discovering the TV show.

message 3: by Charlene (last edited Oct 16, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Charlene (charlenev) | 267 comments The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1) by Matthew FitzSimmons I've heard lots of good buzz about this one.
Blurb
A decade ago, fourteen-year-old Suzanne Lombard, the daughter of Benjamin Lombard—then a senator, now a powerful vice president running for the presidency—disappeared in the most sensational missing-person case in the nation’s history. Still unsolved, the mystery remains a national obsession.

For legendary hacker and marine Gibson Vaughn, the case is personal—Suzanne Lombard had been like a sister to him. On the tenth anniversary of her disappearance, the former head of Benjamin Lombard’s security asks for Gibson’s help in a covert investigation of the case, with new evidence in hand.

Haunted by tragic memories, he jumps at the chance to uncover what happened all those years ago. Using his military and technical prowess, he soon discovers multiple conspiracies surrounding the Lombard family—and he encounters powerful, ruthless political players who will do anything to silence him and his team. With new information surfacing that could threaten Lombard’s bid for the presidency, Gibson must stay one step ahead as he navigates a dangerous web to get to the truth.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12972 comments Mod
Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben

Description
Former special ops pilot Maya, home from the war, sees an unthinkable image captured by her nanny cam while she is at work: her two-year-old daughter playing with Maya’s husband, Joe—who had been brutally murdered two weeks earlier. The provocative question at the heart of the mystery: Can you believe everything you see with your own eyes, even when you desperately want to? To find the answer, Maya must finally come to terms with deep secrets and deceit in her own past before she can face the unbelievable truth about her husband—and herself.

message 5: by Agnieszka (last edited Oct 16, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 212 comments Charlene wrote: "The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1) by Matthew FitzSimmons I've heard lots of good buzz about this one.
Blurb
A decade ago, fourteen-year-old Suzanne Lombard, the daughter of Benjamin Lombard—then a senator, now a powerf..."

Now I'm no more sure if I should nominate anything else - heard also it should be great and that would be great possibility to read it.
I stil have some days to think about it :-)

message 6: by Christine (last edited Dec 04, 2021 11:35AM) (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1788 comments Jonetta I was going to pick the book lol

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12972 comments Mod
Yay! We're on the same page:)

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1788 comments Yep lol

message 10: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 684 comments Charlene wrote: "The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1) by Matthew FitzSimmons I've heard lots of good buzz about this one.
Blurb
A decade ago, fourteen-year-old Suzanne Lombard, the daughter of Benjamin Lombard—then a senator, now a powerf..."

This one looks interesting; I'd not heard of it before.

message 11: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 684 comments Jonetta wrote: "Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben

Description
Former special ops pilot Maya, home from the war, sees an unthinkable image captured by he..."

Oh, dear. This one looks really interesting, too!

message 12: by Lauren (new)

message 13: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 6 comments Jonetta wrote: "Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben

Description
Former special ops pilot Maya, home from the war, sees an unthinkable image captured by he..."

Okay I am down with this one. I like Harlan Coben and would love to read this one.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 196 comments Lauren wrote: "Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1) by Dee Davis"

This sounds good

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I'd like to nominate Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Brash Blonde: a modern take on an old legend by Gemma Halliday. Gemma Halliday's books always feature great female leads with a lot of humor!

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1788 comments Harlan Coben is my favorite author

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Our November Book of the Month Poll is now open. Please cast your vote for the book you would like to read and discuss with our group in November. You may access the Poll via the homepage or at Nov. BOM Poll.

message 18: by Sandra (new)

The winner by a landslide is Fool Me Once!! Join the discussion at Fool Me Once Discussion.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.