What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Cabinet of Wonders (The Kronos Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Cabinet of Wonders
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen fiction book about a girl whose kingdom steals her fathers eyes, so she travels to the castle in the capital to retrieve them. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Librarian (new)

Librarian | 1 comments I read it maybe 2 - 3 years ago, it may have been classified under sci-if as well (not sure).
The girl's father built machines. I don't remember clearly but I think it was his eyes that gave him some sort of magical ability, that's why the King wanted them.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments The Kronos Chronicles by Marie Rutkoski.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
The Kronos Chronicles series by Marie Rutkoski - Kelly's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4549...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Librarian, was Kelly's suggestion of The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski your book?

"Petra also has a father in faraway Prague who is able to move metal with his mind. He has been commissioned by the prince of Bohemia to build the world’s finest astronomical clock. Petra’s life is forever changed when, one day, her father returns home—blind. The prince has stolen his eyes, enchanted them, and now wears them. But why? Petra doesn’t know, but she knows this: she will go to Prague, sneak into Salamander Castle, and steal her father’s eyes back."

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Librarian never responded but it sounds like the right book. Moving to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cabinet of Wonders (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marie Rutkoski (other topics)