What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Last Kiss of the Butterfly
This topic is about Last Kiss of the Butterfly
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Teen book about a teenage girl who goes to the countryside, her mother has cancer. Read around 2011-2012 [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments This was never my favourite book or anything, it's just bugging me haha;;; here's what I can remember:

- The protagonist is a teenage girl who either moves to the countryside or goes there for a few months
- She goes with both her parents; her mother has cancer
- The girl does karate or something and has a group of friends with a cheesy name back home (like the Girlz Gang or the Cool Club or something like that)
- I'm pretty sure music is a big theme as well and that it has some reflection on her relationship with her mother
- A lake and a boy were both involved but I don't remember how exactly. I think the boy seemed rude at first but turned out to just be shy or something
- I'm pretty sure the edition I read had a butterfly on the cover and that butterflies were a motif or something

This is annoying me so much?? Help would be appreciated!!

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments Oh, and I just remembered more stuff (spoilers):
- Her mother dies at the end
- The book starts and ends with scenes from her mother's funeral, I think?? I know the prologue is a flashforward to the funeral, at any rate.

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments anyone?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments A few to checkout:
Cures for Heartbreak Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb
Dream Journal by Karen Halvorsen Schreck

What country were you in when you read this book?
Part of a series?

message 6: by Imogen (last edited Oct 24, 2016 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments Sorry, Kris, wasn't aware of that and will remember in future.

It's not either of those titles, although it's definitely similar to both in terms of tone, themes etc. I was in England when I borrowed the book from my secondary school library and I'm 99% sure it was a standalone.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
No worries. We realize that different groups have different rules. This is a particularly large group.

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments 30 day bump??
still haven't remembered anything more haha

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments I FOUND IT - just stumbled across it in a library by chance!!
It's called Last Kiss Of The Butterfly by Jill Hucklesby.

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments I found it! Stumbled across it by chance in the library. It's called Last Kiss of the Butterfly and it's by Jill Hucklesby.

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments Oops, sorry for posting twice - didn't think it had worked the first time, poor wi-fi.