Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > October 2016: The Night Circus

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Sorry for the late post! Discussion starts here!

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pifher (shannonpifher) | 13 comments I am 64% done. I only started a few days ago and am flying through it. It is so good!!!

Hope someone joins this discussion because i really hope to finish it before the end of October and am already strongly considering it a favorite book!!

message 3: by joyce g (new)

joyce g | 156 comments Night Circus is in my top 10 list. Delicious.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexandramjf) | 30 comments I ADORED this book. WAY outside my comfort zone at first, but then I just sunk into it. I couldn't escape it. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it. I wish they would make an adaptation. It would translate beautifully to screen!

message 5: by Wend (new)

Wend (wends) | 19 comments Started this evening. I wasn't going to buy but the sample I downloaded from Amazon UK intrigued me. Hope the book is good!

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pifher (shannonpifher) | 13 comments I always read 2 books to keep my attention at a time. but i have no interest in picking up my other book until I finish this. Im almost there!

I agree it would translate well. I keep picturing Water for Elephants when I read this even though they arent alike except both fantastic books revolving around a circus.

I love Celia and Marco. The twins are intriguing. Not sure If im not interested in Bailey or I just dont understand his character yet. I have many questions about A.H. Mostly, who exactly is he? We know who Hector was/is but Alexander or whatever his real name is is so mysterious.

Once I complete this I think i am going to buy the actual book, and not just kindle version from the library, and read the chapters in order of date. The skipping of dates is always confusing on ebooks because its hard to quickly flip back to previous chapters. And the flipping between Bailey and Celia chapters are years apart which is confusing also.

Otherwise perfectly written book. Black, white, and red seem like a fantastic color scheme for a circus/ Tim Burton film. I think Burton could do this well. With the color scheme and his animation style with the illusions. Not sure who Johnny Depp would play though. Haha.

message 7: by Wend (new)

Wend (wends) | 19 comments Finished the book and so glad I decided to download it. Really enjoyed the read. Agree it would make a marvellous film. The ending could have been a little better if I'm picking spots.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara D (saradaugherty) | 47 comments This was beautifully written! I thought it was a bit slow to start. I was getting confused initially with Prospero, Hector, Alexander, all the names being thrown at me. Once I settled into the book, I truly enjoyed being immersed.

message 9: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 46 comments I absolutely adore this book! It's one of my all time favourite reads. I read it a couple of years ago and I'm still recommending it to people! My review of it is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

(Sorry I also posted this in the other thread titled Oct 2016: The Night Circus; I didn't know which one except that one had nothing in it...doh, that should have clued me in)