Horror Aficionados discussion

Graphic Novels > IDW Horror

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments Comixology has an IDW Horror sale on all of October. But this weekend there's also 50% off line-wide with the code "IDW" at checkout. And they do stack.

I picked up the first Locke & Key collection for about $3. They also have Wraith which goes with NOS4A2 by Joe Hill.

I wasn't sure if this is the place for that, but I thought it was worth sharing.

message 2: by Char (last edited Oct 19, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Char  | 14257 comments Mod
Thank you! I just saw this now.

I thought Wraith was KILLER. It started me on my graphic novel journey. At one time, I was too snobby for comics. No more!
Since reading Wraith at the end of last year, I've read ALL the Preachers (1-6) and 9 of the Sandman series by Gaiman.

I've got the rest of the Sandman's lined up as well as the first of the American Vampire series. I thought I'd check those out.

I've found that I enjoy reading them much more in paper form than I do on my Kindle. (I only have a Kindle Fire, not a full sized tablet.) Do you read them on a tablet, Mix?

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments Mostly on the laptop, but I have a ton of paper ones too. But the price and variety is better on the ebooks, so I've been doing that more often.

I have the whole Sandman series in actual book form including Endless Nights and Overture. I have trouble not buying anything where Neil Gaiman is involved.

message 4: by Char (new)

Char  | 14257 comments Mod
Mixofsunandcloud wrote: "Mostly on the laptop, but I have a ton of paper ones too. But the price and variety is better on the ebooks, so I've been doing that more often.

I have the whole Sandman series in actual book form..."

Aww, I'm so envious of your Sandman. :)

message 5: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) I have this coming as a birthday gift: In The Dark. Can’t wait to get stuck into it.

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments Looks good, some of those authors are great.

message 7: by Nicos (new)

Nicos | 123 comments I picked up Tom Sutton's Creepy Things because my LBCS had it when I went in looking for something else. IDW has a pretty great horror sub-imprint with Craig Yoe curating a lot of horror stuff that been forgotten over the years. Definitely worth looking through if you were ever curious about the non EC horror comics of yesteryear. Be sure to check out The Horrors of it All blog too: http://thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.com/

message 8: by Robert (last edited Feb 24, 2018 09:40AM) (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments Char wrote: "I've found that I enjoy reading them much more in paper form than I do on my Kindle. (I only have a Kindle Fire, not a full sized tablet.) Do you read them on a tablet, Mix?"

You didn't ask me, but being a nosy so-and-so, I'll butt in with my opinion. ☺️ I've never read digital comics on a Fire, but I'm not surprised you don't care for it - that seems small (especially for my old eyes). I have an old 10" Sony tablet, and my newer laptop has replaced it for everything except digital comics - it's perfect size for that, and I can carry a ton in a thin, light device.