Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV / Podcasts Archive > Christine (2016)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (last edited Oct 15, 2016 07:56AM) (new)

Fishface | 11627 comments Not this...

...but this:

This was released just yesterday and for all I know it is now showing in a theater near you. It's the true story of Christine Chubbuck, an unbalanced stalker who finally killed herself live on TV after (as I understand it) the man she had fixated on finally convinced her he was not interested and never would be. I can't believe they made a movie about this! Who's next, Budd Dwyer?

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 130 comments This was in the 70s wasn't it? Im surprised this footage has never shown up on anything or maybe it has.i read about this being filmed years ago I thought it must've been shelved.

message 3: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11627 comments It was either in the 70s or 80s. I think it probably was the 70s.

message 4: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3326 comments Mod
Fishface wrote: "Not this...

...but this:

This was released just yesterday and for all I know it is now showing in a theater near you. It's the true story of Christine Chubbuck, an unbalanced stalker who final..."

Oh wow. I just saw this last night. Got a completely different take on it.

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11627 comments Which is what, Bel?

message 6: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

The movie didn't portray her as a stalker. Yes she was in love with a co-worker, the anchor in the news station, and somewhat fixated on him but not to the point of stalking him.

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11627 comments Oh! In the past I've seen her clearly described as a stalker. No boiled bunnies, but still.

message 8: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

This is from Deadline - it accurately sums up the movie.

In 1974, as the Nixon presidency was unraveling due to Watergate, so too was the life of a local Sarasota, FL, TV news reporter named Christine Chubbuck. Despite being the most talented on her team, she found her personal and professional life careening out of control and eventually committed suicide on air during a broadcast.

message 9: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11627 comments Sounds like the perfect double feature with THE ASSASSINATION OF RICHARD NIXON. Which I will be adding posthaste.

message 10: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

It was good enough to watch a second time. Of course, probably not in the theater.