Make Me (Jack Reacher, #20) Make Me discussion

Book Review

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Daniels Make me
by Lee Childs
Four stars
Another fine edition to the Jack Reacher series by a wonderfully talented author. With no place he has to be, Reacher decides to hop off a train in a town called, Mother's Rest. Curious about its odd name, he starts asking locals how it got it, but no one seems to know, or are inclined to answer his question. So he starts wandering around in search of an historical marker or a monument that might give him a clue.
What he finds is a former FBI agent looking for her partner who has gone missing, along with a good deal of trouble and resistance from the locals who are harboring a dark secret. The more they dig, the worse it gets. Very much the mark of a good mystery. Reacher, the quintessential loner, comes through as he always does. Reading about him is like hanging out with an old friend.
The writing, style and dialogue are just fine, thank you and Lee does his usual excellent job.
I have no qualms recommending this last installment to die hard (no pun intended) fans and newcomers alike. Having two books out with a character named, Jack, what else could I do? Keep'em coming, pal.

Robert Daniels
robertdaniels.com

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Millward Again no one says it like Lee Childs and his main man Jack Reacher is just the goods. Great book.

Frank Prem Really enjoyed this when I read it recently. The first of the series I'd read.