Books2Movies Club discussion

The BFG
This topic is about The BFG
Quick Reads > The BFG

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2936 comments Mod
The BFG is a Roald Dahl's children book published in 1982. The story about a friendly giant is more known to the British than to the American children. That became especially apparent when Spielberg's 2016 adaptation, The BFG attracted lesser number of people to cinemas at home than was expected, while worldwide it achieved more success.

Anyway, the book has two adaptations so far, one animated, Giant being voiced by David Jason, and this new one, by Steven Spielberg. I think we should watch both adaptations, they both seem good. As usual, share with us your thoughts, impressions and comparisons.

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments The book was cute, though full of goo and goofiness (as all Dahl's seem to be). A young girl gets to save the world and befriend a misunderstood being in meantime. Good stuff!

Just saw the movie, and it was very sweet :)

Travis (travistousant) | 58 comments Have not posted in this group in ages. Anyway listened to the audio with my 5 year old last year. Was great fun

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments I really enjoyed the audio, the sound effects were great!

Travis (travistousant) | 58 comments It was a great introduction to audiobooks for him I felt. Although we kept it to about 20 minutes a day to not overwhelm him. Next we tried George's Marvelous Medicine which I found hilarious but he didn't keep interest