What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book I read approx 2005-2010 about a young man who never dies and lives through many eras in Europe. He works burying the dead from the plague, is used as sexual toy at one point and meets Michaelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel. Exotic writing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky | 3 comments Thanks

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
I'm confused about the YA part. Is it unusual for a character to be "used as a sexual toy" in a YA book? How old is the young man?

Was the author female or male? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (booradley123) | 18 comments Angelology? It's not YA but from the plaything comment I wondered if maybe the book was actually for a slightly older crowd. The cover I remember is of a Michelangelo-esque sculpture from the back, a figure lying on its side, something like that.

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 3 comments Thanks. I can't recall what the cover looks like other than it was pretty. It was on display at the library and when I checked it out the librarian said it was from the teen section. It was provocative in several parts. I am reading Perfume now, and the writing and setting reminded me of this other book.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments Was it standalone or part of a series? Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Comte St. Germain series covers every time period from ancient Rome to WWII, each book set in a different period. There is one set during the plague, and I think he does meet Michelangelo in one of them -- The Palace maybe.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 3 comments Thank you but the main character was not a vampire. I'm going to try to think of more details!

message 7: by Kris (last edited Oct 19, 2016 06:08AM) (new)

Kris | 34325 comments Mod
Immortal by Traci L. Slatton?

Google search > site:www.goodreads.com fantasy immortal europe plague -vampire ["-" means "not vampire"]

Becky, how does the man become immortal? Is he born that way, from Atlantis, is he cursed, wears a special amulet, etc.?

Does he live only in Italy?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Becky, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Palace (other topics)
Immortal (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Traci L. Slatton (other topics)