Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

Author and Site Promotion > Seeking feedback on outline: white American heroine body swaps with heroine from India

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vidya (new)

Vidya (vidyasamson) | 5 comments Would anyone be willing to give me feedback on an outline for a YA paranormal romantic mystery where the white American heroine finds herself in the body of a woman from India and falls in love with an Indian hero? I fear there are some aspects of the story that might offend white readers and so I would like some feedback.

If you’re interested, please email me at crosswor@gmail.com and I will send the outline. please put "heroine body swap" in the subject line so I know it's not spam.

Please email me directly. Please do not contact me via Goodreads since I don’t check out my Goodreads messages regularly.

Thank you!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 35 comments Thanks for this opportunity Vidya!

ⓉⒽⒺ ⒸⓄⓂ︎Ⓜ︎ⓄⓃ ⓇⓄⓄⓂ︎ ⓉⒶⓁⓀⓈ (thecommonroomtalks) | 1 comments Ummmm....you're worried about how white people would respond to this? I think it might be the other way around..... And would this really be consider a interracial romance if they're both Indian? How can your 'soul' or whatever is being body swapped be racialized?Are you saying that this a interracial relationship because the white women soul is having a romantic relationship with the Indian guy? Also, when you say Indian do you mean indigenous to the U.S. or from India the country? Am I being confusing?....