Featured Authors > Featured Author November 2016 - Sharan Newman

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1681 comments Mod
 photo Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.07.44 AM.png

Sharan Newman is our featured author for November
Author website: http://www.sharannewman.com

Feel free to make book suggestions in this thread.

Come and tell us which book you picked and once you've read it let us know what you thought of it (is it a new to you author, would you read her work again, etc.)

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 138 comments I've read several of her books &enjoyed them though it's been awhile. I have The Outcast Dove on my shelf, so I will probably read that.

message 3: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 147 comments I love Sharan Newman's medieval series, but it's complete and I've read them all.

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1137 comments I'm hoping to get the first book of her medieval series from the library this week. Its been on my TBR list for awhile.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Another new-to-me series to try! None of my local libraries have any of the books. One of them has the Guinevere book but I'm not really keen on reading that one. Luckily, I tracked down a copy of Death Comes As Epiphany at my daughter's school so I will be asking her to get it for me. It's the least she can do after all the hours of labor I endured to bring her into the world. :-)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1681 comments Mod
Veronica wrote: "It's the least she can do after all the hours of labor I endured to bring her into the world. :-) ."

It is the very least she could do, lol!

message 7: by happy (new)

happy (happyone) | 147 comments I've read them all also - I really wish she would write more of them, but it seems she has moved on to other things.

message 8: by Portia (new)

Portia | 32 comments I've had a copy of Death Comes As Epiphany on my shelf for ages. Time to blow off the dust and begin reading ;-)

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1137 comments I'm a third of the way into Death Comes As Epiphany and enjoying it tremendously.

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I just finished Death Comes As Epiphany and I really ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. I liked the main characters and plan to continue on with the series.

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1137 comments I've finished Death Comes As Epiphany and, though I enjoyed it over all, I thought the ending was melodramatic. I expect I will continue with the series.

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I will agree with you on that, Sandy. The switch in that character was rather extreme.

message 13: by Miss M (new)

Miss M | 13 comments I had read the first two in the series and didn't remember much other than I liked them, so when some of the ebooks went on sale a while back I picked up a handful but they've been lingering on the TBR stacks. Thanks to the monthly feature for reminding me about Ms. Newman. : )
I've just finished The Wandering Arm (#3). TBH, I thought the plot (stolen relics) meandered a lot and really was a little...dull...but I did enjoy the characters very much, especially the young couple, Catherine and Edgar. I also liked the historic background with the very specific details of Jewish life in the twelfth century and the particular accomodations they had to make to be tolerated as a community, trying to stay off the radar and not provoke the ire of their Christian neighbors. Very interesting.