Antastesia's bookclub! discussion

October: Horror Books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elie (new)

Elie | 5 comments Hey guys! :) Does anyone have any good horror/mystery/halloween-themed books to read this October? I was watching Emy's video where she recommends halloween books and they all seemed really interesting. Le Horla seemed like it would be a really great read! Please leave your suggestions and thoughts below! :)

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (hildamarjatta) | 1 comments Hello! How about The October Country by Ray Bradbury? It's a collection of short stories, and I've only read the first two stories so far but I've really enjoyed them and the rest of the book seems promising. :)

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Szuban | 1 comments Hello Elie! It's already November, nevertheless I'd like to recommend Sheridan Le Fanu's In A Glass Darkly. It's a collection of five stories framed as the posthumous papers of Dr. Martin Hesselius. Subjects include demons, doppelgangers, premature burials, and vampires. The best known story of the collection is "Carmilla," a vampire story that predates Bram Stoker's "Dracula" and notable for its themes of lesbianism.