2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

A Suitable Vengeance (Inspector Lynley, #4)
This topic is about A Suitable Vengeance
A Suitable Vengeance > A Suitable Vengeance

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Book 4 - prequel

Up to Chapter 4 - I had not read the synopsis so was so confused on what was happening, lol. I didn't realize it was a prequel.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Oh Wow! I havent either. I am going to read it to get a better view on it. It does get better. I think this part happened at the end of chapter 7 but not sure so dont read spoiler until end of chapter 8. (view spoiler)

Thanks for the heads up that this is a prequel.

I know, right! I was so confused about Deb and Tommy being together.

OMG, YES! Re: Sidney and Justin. Even that scene in the beginning with Peter and that girl, Sasha, so weird and disturbing.

About 40% in the book finally picks up...Tommy, St James, Helen and Deb even seem a bit different in this book, which might be the point, that they grew up and matured.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Yes they do all seem more mature and grown up. I am still trying to find out who the killer is (view spoiler) I am at 49% It is picking up now and enjoying it

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Lol! (view spoiler)

I am now at 56 %.

I'm at 55% so we are caught up again :)

What do you think of Sidney and Justin getting it on again? I was like Helen so angry but then St James says it because she loves him. I don't get the impression she loves him especially from the beginning section. It's a weird part.

Other than the main characters I feel like I'm not liking anyone in this book. They are all so suspicious and odd.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I agree! The characters are very shady. I am at 62% and feel that there is not one good character. I was shocked when Sidney and Justin ended up togethor. I dont know why she took him back. It is interesting though. For some reason I think there is going to be more than one killer. I only say this because most of the dharacters are shady. Not referring to the msin characters.

I completely agree! Going to go read now to catch up.

message 11: by Mary Beth (last edited Oct 18, 2016 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I am at 70 percent. So much is going on. First we find out that Mick was a (view spoiler) It is starting to get good. I am finished reading tonight.

I am at 65% and will probably finish tonight yet. I did not look at your spoiler yet. I will come back tomorrow and comment!

Btw, I finished Rubberneck last night. Question for you (view spoiler)

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I don't really remember what was there deal. It has been awhile since I read it.

I am at 75 %. I am going to finish it tonight. Did you finish it last night. It is really getting good now.

I finished just this morning...I will wait till tomorrow to comment though. Happy reading.

No worries on Rubberneck. I was just wondering if I was the only one that felt left out not getting a proper ending on them.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Hey! I just popped on! I have two hours to go and I will be finished.

I do remember with Rubbernecker that the ending was not a good ending and left you with lots of questions. I am wondering if there might be a second book where it left off.

Take your time. I sprained my right hand so can't do much right now.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Oh no! That hurts so bad and it usually takes awhile to heal! I hope it heals fast for you!

Thanks Mary Beth. It mostly my index finger but moving some of the other fingers around it hurts it. I got it from writing if you can believe it. I type more than I write...and spent a few hours writing and woke up next morning barely able to move my finger.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Ouch! I know how that can be painful Kris. I hope the pain has gotten better for you. I just started getting into the early phases of arthritis in my fingers, I hope you arent going through that! I can understand the pain.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mary Beth!!! I'm doing better now. Thank you so much for your well wishes. :)