What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fiction. A high school female MC makes effort to lose weight. She has a crush on school drama club guy as well.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 3 comments Format: Physical copy.
Reading level: YA.
Genre: Realistic fiction. Contemporary.
When: I read it around 2010. I'm guessing it's published around mid-2000s.
Plot details: The MC is a teen living with her TV personality (or some fancy job equivalent to that) parents in a high-rise expensive building, they live in one of its higher floor. She starts to make an effort to lose weight, such as ditching the elevator and tackling lots of stairs to make it to her floor. She also does other health-conscious things. At school, there's a boy who does school drama stuff that asks her for help regarding an upcoming play. This is the same guy she crushes over. She might of contributed to the play script, I recall she was credited in some way.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments How I Changed My Life How I Changed My Life by Todd Strasser by Todd Strasser ?

Description: Overweight high school senior Bo decides to change her image while working on the school play with a former star football player who is also struggling to find a new identity for himself.

Do you remember the cover? Part of a series? Time period/location the story takes place?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 3 comments Thanks for the guess but not that book. Hmmm... The cover is perhaps girly. What was more impressionable was the backcover quotes the MC explaining that the first body part to get fat is the tongue. I don't believe the book is part of a series. It's set in contemporary times. It's set in a first world country, perhaps America? Sorry for being so vague.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments Might have a look at Plus-Size YA Heroines to see if it's listed.

message 5: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things? I don't remember anything about a play, but she definitely makes some joke about living in the penthouse of her building.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 3 comments @Rainbowheart I checked and it's not listed. I have a feeling it's not in the Goodreads database.

@Krista I'm afraid that's not the book. I distinctively remember that she has no siblings, she's an only child.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Melissa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?