King's Dark Tidings discussion

Free the Darkness (King's Dark Tidings #1)
This topic is about Free the Darkness
Group > How did you hear about this book?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christian Maulsby (maulsby) | 18 comments Mod
Welcome everyone, I discovered this book on Audible. I was browsing and found the second book Reign of Madness. I stopped myself from reading the entire summary and found the title of book 1 King's Dark Tidings. Book one is on the bookshelf but, once I finished it I couldn't wait to go to the book store. I had to buy it on Audible that night and listen. I have since bought book one on Audible also since the performance was great.

Nick (black2thgrin) | 2 comments Hi Christian,

I discovered this book on audible also and I am loving it so far!! What else are you reading? Have you checked out the Iron Druid Chronicles yet? If not you should check them out, they are amazing, one of my favorite series ever!!

Excited about this group!

Nick

April | 191 comments Mod
I found the book on Amazon. It just looked good so I downloaded it to my Kindle. Happily read the second book. Joined Kade's Email list. Saw this group mentioned in one of the emails. Have been commenting on the Amazon Discussion boards for this series...

Eagerly awaiting the next book!!!

Tina | 1 comments I found this book on Amazon. Read both a few times and am impatiently waiting for the next :).

Tanya | 54 comments I found this book on Amazon. I listened to the audio and loved the story. I think the reader did a fantastic job of reading it. I read the second book and brought the audible book as soon as it was released.

Lorraine (Raine11) | 40 comments I also took a chance and purchased via audible. I had just finished another series (pillars of reality) and I was browsing for similar books. This story arc sounded interesting so I took a chance and was hooked. I read A LOT so anytime I find a story that is as immersive as this one it is like finding a pearl. Really looking forward to finding out what happens next!

Ivar | 38 comments I found it on Kindle Unlimited after it was suggested to me after a reading a Jeff Wheeler book. After going through a lot of clunkers (Around 200ish), I was so happy to find this gem!

Laura | 8 comments Saw the first book in an Amazon email list of fantasy books. Read it as part of kindle unlimited... liked it so much purchased it then the next one. I'm looking forward to the next book!

message 9: by Kel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kel Kade | 8 comments Mod
I wrote it.

Tanya | 54 comments LOL

message 11: by Ivar (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivar | 38 comments Kel wrote: "I wrote it."

Something seems familiar here...can't put my finger on it.

message 12: by Brent (new)

Brent | 8 comments My brother put me on to it. First heard it on audible, wish I had read it first. I listen to it at work, it helps pass the time really well. The plot isn't too heavy so I'm able to focus on what I'm doing and just enjoy the story.

Iron Druid is a good read, as well. It can be hard to follow at times because the writer has such a vast knowledge of God and mythology, found myself googling a lot.

I just finished Blood Song, if you love this book I would expect you would enjoy it, also.

The guy who does the narration is very talented, but his voice for the female characters was really hard for me. Found myself annoyed with them, so I think if I had read it first I could've avoided that.

Lorell Lovett | 2 comments Kel wrote: "I wrote it."

HAHAHA

Lorell Lovett | 2 comments Honestly, I can't remember how I came to find out about Rez but I'm sure glad that I did. I think it was on my Feed and I just happened to pick it up. So glad that I did, 2 of the best books I've read this year. Waiting for the 3rd.

Critter | 11 comments The first book was recommended to me through Kindle Unlimited, I liked the cover, the blurb sounded interesting, so I burrowed both books. Liked them, bought them and am impatiently waiting for the next one.

Yasmine (lovelypain) | 1 comments Hi everyone. I logged onto goodreads to update my status on a book I had finished reading and on my homepage was the third book that was trending in fantasy that week. So I clicked it because I'm in a fantasy high right now but when I saw it was book three I looked and found book one and the rest is history

April | 191 comments Mod
Hi, Yasmine! --We're glad you could join us!

Feel free to comment on anything and start new discussions if you want.

Things have been a bit quiet. I think everyone was worn out waiting for book 3 and now are a bit worn out... (plus, the holidays are distracting me from reading and posting).