Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Posting videos on Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heena (new)

Heena Patwa | 8 comments I am trying to upload the book trailer of my new book on good reads, but when I give the YouTube link, it gives the following errors-

Video URL is not a valid YouTube.com/Livestream.com URL

Source must be YouTube.com or Livestream.com

Can anybody throw some insight on how to upload?

message 3: by Heena (new)

Heena Patwa | 8 comments Ken wrote: "Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-mIk..."

Yes. You can see the link?

message 4: by Heena (new)

Heena Patwa | 8 comments Ken wrote: "Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-mIk..."

Yes. You can see the link? Because I Can't

message 5: by Ken (last edited Oct 15, 2016 09:08AM) (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) I don't see a video link on your profile, but I found it by searching for it on Youtube. Not sure why you would have a problem using the link I posted here.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) As a test, I posted it on my profile and it worked fine. I deleted it right after, but it worked.

message 7: by Heena (new)

Heena Patwa | 8 comments Ken wrote: "As a test, I posted it on my profile and it worked fine. I deleted it right after, but it worked."
Thanks for your help. Finally I was able to upload it

message 8: by W.T. (new)

W.T. Fallon (wtfallon) | 7 comments I am having this same problem! It's a Livestream URL but Goodreads keeps telling me it's not a valid Livestream URL. So frustrating.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 787 comments You have to go to Embed and take the link from there, you can't use the main link at the top in your search bar.

message 10: by W.T. (new)

W.T. Fallon (wtfallon) | 7 comments I will try that, thanks!

message 11: by W.T. (new)

W.T. Fallon (wtfallon) | 7 comments Nope, the embed link didn't work either.

message 12: by Patrick (last edited Jan 11, 2017 08:38PM) (new)

Patrick Witz (writerwitz) | 21 comments I had the same problem trying to embed initially... make sure you copy the youtube link without any addition spaces copied. I used the link at the top of my browser and it worked. The one Ken supplied looks just like mine (I took out my ending as I didn't want to bookwack your thread) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= {your video}
Another option, try coping the browser's link into Word, alt-click the link to see if it takes you to youtube and starts the video. Copy the link from Word and paste it into Goodreads... don't know why, but it worked for me a couple times with video links. Good luck.

message 13: by V.R. (new)

V.R. Craft | 1 comments AAAGGHHHH! I have literally been fighting this problem for a month. I even contacted GR Support and they said it was a known issue and they were working on it and didn't know when it would be fixed. I have tried both the standard URL and the embed code. Same message about "not a valid Livestream URL", when it IS a valid Livestream URL.