What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. English Romance/Napoleonic war time period. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments I'm looking for a romance where 4 friends were stationed together somewhere in the Napoleonic war. There is a young woman with their group, the wife of one of the other soldiers that takes care of all of them as much as possible. The book is actually set in London, after the young woman's husband has been killed, and the 4 are trying to figure out how to take care of this young woman (except that of course one falls in love with her-problem solved!). I think it is less than ten years old, and it might be a series romance.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Oct 15, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Kris | 35181 comments Mod
Irresistible by Mary Balogh?

Some Amazon reviewers say, "Sophie Armitage, widow of an old friend of the four [friends who fought in the Peninsular war together], is still in London; the four run into her and remember how much they all liked her in years gone by, so she joins their social circle. An unexpected sexual attraction strikes between Sophie and Nat..." and "Sophie Armitage is being blackmailed by a thorough cad who would ruin her late hero husband's memory..."

Are the four friends all male soldiers? Are they rich or titled?

message 3: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments I think this might be it! Thank you so much, all! I'm moving it to the possibly solved folder.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Aug 08, 2017 02:32PM) (new)

Here's the Google Books "Preview this book" feature for Irresistible which is a bit longer than the Amazon preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=C35...

message 5: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments Thank you! I bought it, and I'm pretty sure this is the one I was thinking of, so I've moved it to Solved.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Great! Glad you found your book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Irresistible (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Balogh (other topics)