What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short story compilation about zombies, very graphic in nature

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis Heinicke | 2 comments This book was a collection of short stories all zombie-themed. I was approximately 16 or 17, so this would have been in the early to mid 90's that I read the book. It was very adult, there were some graphic scenes of sexual violence and gore. One story in particular was of a married pair of zombies. Apparently in this story they retained some mental faculties when they turned. The mom was pregnant when she turned and months later gave birth to an uninfected baby girl. The mother zombie was destroyed in the process of delivery. The father zombie decided to raise his new daughter so he could eat her later when she "developed". Anyway, father has a turn of heart and basically raises his daughter and protects her from other zombies. At the end of the story, she goes out naked into the world with a can opener to look for other survivors so that she can help repopulate the world. It was very, very adult so I've sugar coated some of this a little bit. It was a guilty pleasure for me when I was a teenager and I'd really like to find the book. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 15, 2016 05:25AM) (new)

The Mammoth Book of Zombies by Stephen Jones
I don't remember that story in particular but the time frame is right. 1993. If you read through the reviews perhaps you can figure out if your story is included.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis Heinicke | 2 comments Bump

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Travis, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1516 comments Could be Book Of The Dead. I just got a copy earlier today and there's a story with some similar elements in it. It's from the 80s, so it would have been out then.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1516 comments The story in question is called The Good Parts, and yes, it's just as weird as described. All the details are as mentioned, down to the can opener.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments You can mark the request as solved by clicking the 'edit' link next to the subject line / title, and then selecting one of the "Solved" folders. This will help save our moderators some time.

You should also change the subject line / title to start "SOLVED: [then your existing subject line/title of your post]" which helps people still find your request later.

Solved requests are almost as important as unsolved requests (eg, eg, so don't delete your info :D Otherwise it looks like this, which completely doesn't show how you generated *so* much interest for your book). The requests continue to exist in the archive, and people looking for your book end up on that page via search engine because of your description/keywords - which improves the whole world :)

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1516 comments Was it your book, or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mammoth Book of Zombies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen Jones (other topics)