Ancient & Medieval Historical Fiction discussion

Looking For a Book About.. > i'm looking for a book about the finnish people or the finnish land

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments Someone knows a book about the Finns or the Finland? I read some days ago the The Story of Kullervo and this character appears in the Kalevala, the epic of Finland, and I get curious about this people and their land.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 53 comments I just typed in Finland in the window above and several books came up about the country that you might be interested in.
Good luck :D

message 3: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments I want recommendations in historical fiction.

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 53 comments Rafael wrote: "I want recommendations in historical fiction."

I wish I could help you Rafael but I don't recall reading a work of historical fiction about Finland even though I would love to read one.
It may take a little time but some one else should be able to help you soon.

message 5: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments I expect it so. But thank you.

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 53 comments I've found a list at Listopia that might be helpful Rafael:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...

message 7: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments Thank you, Laurie, for the help. But I want historical fiction. Later I will look with mopre attention to this listopia, maybe there's some book enjoyable by a historical fiction lover,

message 8: by Margaret, Sherlockian Sheila (new)

Margaret (margyw) | 3295 comments Or maybe try this list of books from another group. You'll probably have to check each book to see if it's historical fiction or not.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments Thank you, Margaret. I will look at it.

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 2 comments I found a list at Stockholm city library that might be helpful:
Finland; Historical Fiction. I just searched Goodreads using the Swedish name and looked at all editions to find an English translation.

Ex. Under the North Star (Under the North Star, #1) by Väinö Linna , White Hunger by Aki Ollikainen , The Midwife by Katja Kettu

message 11: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments Oh, Thank you for the effort, Paula.

message 12: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 53 comments Paula wrote: "I found a list at Stockholm city library that might be helpful:
Finland; Historical Fiction. I just searched Goodreads using the Swedish name and looked at all editions to find an English translati..."

Good job Paula :D

message 13: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 133 comments Any Finnish HF written or translated in English?

message 14: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 133 comments Thank you Margaret. Your list gave me some good leads.

message 15: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 150 comments Laureen wrote: "Any Finnish HF written or translated in English?"

My hope is harder to achieve. I would be happy to find them translated to portuguese.

message 16: by Margaret, Sherlockian Sheila (new)

Margaret (margyw) | 3295 comments Laureen wrote: "Thank you Margaret. Your list gave me some good leads."

You're welcome. :)