What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA genre teenager / family historian ?? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Eloise (new)

Rachel Eloise Conner (racheleloise) | 15 comments YA Teenage girl do a history project for a family reunion, starts dig through family secrets and hunts down a lost family member. Teenager is true historian, does grave rubbings and seems to be the loner of the family fights with another relative about whose doing the family history project. Ring any bells for anyone? I read it roughly 5-10 years ago.

message 2: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie | 137 comments Somewhat similar: Here Lies Linc

From NoveList: "While researching a rumored-to-be-haunted grave for a local history project, twelve-year-old Lincoln Crenshaw unearths some startling truths about his own family."

message 3: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie | 137 comments Another: Backwater

From NoveList: "While compiling a genealogy of her family of successful attorneys, sixteen-year-old history buff Ivy Breedlove treks into the mountain wilderness to interview a reclusive aunt with whom she identifies and who in turn helps her to truly know herself and her family."

The Booklist reviews says, "Sixteen-year-old, motherless Ivy Breedlove has a genuine calling to be a historian."

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Rachel, what's the location - U.S./England/country, big city/small town/region?

message 5: by Rachel Eloise (new)

Rachel Eloise Conner (racheleloise) | 15 comments OMG! That's the book! Thank you so much! I've been wracking my brain for days and I couldn't remember it.

Kristina Marie wrote: "Another: Backwater

From NoveList: "While compiling a genealogy of her family of successful attorneys, sixteen-year-old history buff Ivy Breedlove treks into the mountain wilderness t..."

Kristina Marie wrote: "Another: Backwater

From NoveList: "While compiling a genealogy of her family of successful attorneys, sixteen-year-old history buff Ivy Breedlove treks into the mountain wilderness t..."