What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Celtic Myth fiction: Nuada Silverhand

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments This book is a fictionalization of the Celtic Myth story of Nuada Silverhand. Written in English. I believe it might be very late, 70's early 80's, and was a paperback with a very intricate, bright illustration on the front, possibly drawn by Jim Fitzpatrick. If anyone can identify any book about Nuada Silverhand, I'd love to hear about it, not just this one!!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments Could the whole book have been illustrated and written by Jim Fitzpatrick - The Silver Arm?

message 3: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments Maybe, I'll check it out. Thanks!!

message 4: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments I very much enjoyed The Silver Arm by Jim Fitzpatrick, but I don't think it was the novel I was looking for. What I'm looking for was in more of a regular novel format than The Silver Arm turned out to be (it was more of a blank verse epic poem format). Any other suggestions?

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 203 comments I feel like I've read this. I definitely went through a run of Celtic mythology. Something by Morgan Llywelyn?

message 6: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments I don't think Morgan Llywelyn's Silverhand is it, but I will be reading it shortly, and I suspect I will enjoy it! I think it was written too recently, and Llywelyn's style isn't quite right. Any other suggestions?

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 203 comments I'll keep thinking, but not off the top of my head. I just know I went through a lot of Morgan Llywelyn at the time!

message 8: by Greyman (new)

Greyman | 33 comments Something like this? The Silver Hand And I might be terribly off, but this is the one I could think of.. :) By the way, this is the link to one of the older covers published '92, but the books is also published today with a more modern cover.

message 9: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments This is not the one I was looking for, but it is definitely one I want to read ASAP! Thank you for posting it!

message 10: by Greyman (new)

Greyman | 33 comments Hilliary wrote: "This is not the one I was looking for, but it is definitely one I want to read ASAP! Thank you for posting it!"

You're welcome! :)

message 11: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments The Riders of the Sidhe by Kenneth C. Flint? If not, it might also be worth checking the "Celtic Mythology Books" list it's included into.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Hilliary, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 13: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments Stephen Lawhead did a series that sounds familiar

message 14: by Kris (last edited Oct 16, 2019 10:53AM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
K.L., are you thinking of The Silver Hand by Stephen R. Lawhead from The Song of Albion series?