Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Off Topic > Funny book titles

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marta (last edited Oct 14, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Many said they don't know funny book titles, so I created a list:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

And these are just off the top of my head! Please go and vote - and add yours. I can only add 100!

Please post them here, too, I would love to see your favorite funny titles!

message 2: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments I added a few. Hopefully others will find them as funny as I do.

The hard thing was that a lot of funny titles rely on plays on words that without knowing the genre or seeing the cover illustration, on their own as words, they just aren't funny. I didn't add any of those.

I only went through my read books. I will go through my to read list a bit later and add more if I find any.

message 3: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments That's great, thanks, Amy!

People can also go and just vote for existing titles - that way the funniest will land on top :)

message 5: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments I added Post-apocalyptic Nomadic Warriors. I thought about it earlier but didn't think anyone would think it was as funny as I happen to. Glad I was wrong about that!

The others aren't on my bookshelves so I can't add them. If I get time later and no one does it in the meantime, I will gladly add them.

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Thanks so much, Amy :)

You can add any book - just choose "search" instead of "my books". Although it is definitely easier from your list! I added a ton by searching for favorite authors with funny books ( Christopher Moore, Douglas Adams, etc), and just added all the funny ones from the results.

message 7: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments Oh great, i will try that!

message 8: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 1071 comments I did vote for Funny Title in the previous poll, but when I looked for titles, I could find anything that caught my interest, so, thanks for the list! :) I already found one on your list that I think is funny and I am interested in reading it : John Dies at the End. Good luck in the last poll.

message 9: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Amy wrote: "Oh great, i will try that!"

Thanks, Amy! And the Dave Barry books - so funny :)

message 10: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Silvia wrote: "I did vote for Funny Title in the previous poll, but when I looked for titles, I could find anything that caught my interest, so, thanks for the list! :) I already found one on your list that I thi..."
I read it this year for the challenge and it is hilarious. Also, extremely weird. And the title is a lot funnier once you finish it. Highly recommend it!

message 11: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments I read John Dies this year too....great attention getting title

message 12: by Sophie (last edited Oct 16, 2016 05:24AM) (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments Silvia wrote: "I did vote for Funny Title in the previous poll, but when I looked for titles, I could find anything that caught my interest, so, thanks for the list! :) I already found one on your list that I thi..."

I read John Dies at the end last year and found it crazy weird, but funny. I'm planning to read the sequel This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It, which I added to the list among others...

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments The Quiche of Death just made my day hahaha

message 14: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Sophie wrote: "The Quiche of Death just made my day hahaha"
Lol! Love it.

message 15: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 1071 comments Who's going to suggest it in the poll? I can't, I already suggested one in the last one. There are many suggestions already!

message 16: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments I just did. I totally forgot about the voting, thanks for the reminder!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2672 comments There's also the Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging series by Louise Rennison. All of those books have pretty weird titles.

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica | 460 comments Thanks Sophie! I didn't know there was a sequel! I loved John Dies at the End!

message 19: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Rachel wrote: "There's also the Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging series by Louise Rennison. All of those books have pretty weird titles."
Lol! Love it!

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments Saw this list and thought you guys would get a kick out of some of them.

Top Ten Super Long, Super Funny, or Just Plain Super Awesome Book Titles

message 21: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 784 comments Katie wrote: "Saw this list and thought you guys would get a kick out of some of them.

Top Ten Super Long, Super Funny, or Just Plain Super Awesome Book Titles"

Great list! Quite a few are on our list already. Maybe someone could add the rest? I can't add any more.

message 22: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments Marta wrote: "Katie wrote: "Saw this list and thought you guys would get a kick out of some of them.

Top Ten Super Long, Super Funny, or Just Plain Super Awesome Book Titles"

Great list! Quite a few are on our..."

I got them! :-)

message 23: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments Here is a very long list of book titles that people found funny or interesting:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

I am adding a few to my list but I think I only have space for 6 more votes.

message 24: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3491 comments I've added around 50 (I think!) to the list.

message 25: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments Can someone add The Worst Man on Mars to the list?

I know some of us are still planning on using this list for the rejects challenge so I thought it would be nice to keep adding to it. I so wish there wasn't a 100 book limit!