World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > Briggs-Meyer: What's your personality type?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) i took the briggs-meyer many years ago and it's still pretty consistent after taking the one that my daughter found:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-...

i'm an INTJ--think: Arnold; she's an ENTJ--think: The Iron Lady.

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13756 comments Interesting questionnaire. I've contributed my 12 min and came out as - adventurer, ISFP-A, but haven't read it through, to see what it means -:)
I'm more with 4 temperaments of Hippocrates

message 3: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Bensman (dispatchesfromamessydesk) I used the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for years as a management tool to help people understand each other and respect different perspectives. I'm an INFJ (at the beginning of my career I was an ENFJ - just barely on the extrovert side of I and E, so there's consistency but people change and that shows up with retakes of the indicator over the years). Thanks for bringing it up, Alex. It's fun to think about and maybe a tool that writers can use to keep their characters consistent.

message 4: by Nihar (new)

Nihar Suthar (niharsuthar) | 38 comments I took the full test about 2 years ago and found out that I was ENFJ (extrovert, intuition, feelings, and judging). It's super interesting...and apparently most of the presidents have had ENFJ personalities, including current-day Barack Obama. Maybe it's a sign of something to come ;). haha!

-Nihar
www.niharsuthar.com

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13756 comments I say Nihar for president then!-:)

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous INFPs are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) ISFP personality types are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they're out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it's that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. ISFPs enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they've expressed more than once the phrase "Don't box me in!"

message 9: by Jen Pattison (new)

Jen Pattison | 409 comments I got ISFP, though I think that I am more pragmatic than the description of this type! Adventurer does describe me fairly accurately though, whether through travel (even on a day out to somewhere new) or a new experience.