What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Book: town where dogs roam free, festival gets sabotaged, missing dog. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (last edited Oct 13, 2016 10:05PM) (new)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 401 comments I was obsessed with dogs as a kid and one of the books I remember reading was this ridiculous book that took place in a town in which dogs could roam free. I read it about ten years ago and I got it from a book fair so it was probably new. I thought it was called "dog town" or "dog watch", but apparently not.

Within the book, there was a big festival/parade going on, but someone kept sabotaging it. Both the humans and the dogs were trying to both fix the festival and find out who did it. The dogs were also in a panic because their Alpha was missing

In the end, it turns out that the man that sabotaged everything was a whiny-butt guy that wanted to be mayor but didn't win the election. The Alpha dog wound up in a train full of dog food and was basically just gorging on dog food during the entire book.

I remember finishing the book and thinking, "boy, that book was ridiculous", but I am adding all of the books I read as a kid (that I remember) to my Goodreads shelf, so I'm a bit curious.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments There is a "Dog Watch" series by Mary Casanova

https://www.goodreads.com/series/7046...

Do you remember anything about the cover? Part of a series? Did the animals talk? Was it a chapter book or picture book?

message 3: by Hilliary (new)

Hilliary (hilliary-ca) | -1 comments If you're still nuts about dogs, I think Ted Kerasote has a semi-autobiographical about where he lives where dogs roam free.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 401 comments Tab wrote: "There is a "Dog Watch" series by Mary Casanova

https://www.goodreads.com/series/7046...

Do you remember anything about the cover? Part of a series? Did the animals talk? Was it a chapter ..."

That's it! Thanks!

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments You're welcome :)