Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments :)
Did you have any plot ideas?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Hmm depends on what you want you want to do I guess

message 3: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Do you want sad or cute? Realistic or fantasy?

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Im OK with anything really but um fantasy maybe? Or maybe like realistic fantasy? basically a realistic setting with fantasy-like elements

message 5: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Sure, what kind?

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Uhm idk we could do like superpowers or something?

if you want we could something like our characters use their superpowers to do magic idk if you'd be interested in something like that I can totally come up with something else to

message 7: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Do you want modern or historical then?

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Hmm depends if we went historical it'd be more angsty but if we went more realistic we could come up with really intricate magic schemes or something like that

Idk wfichever you prefer I guess

message 9: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments I like historical ones because I like a little more drama I guess? Since it was like a huge deal for MxM couples and all, so maybe they'd have to keep it a secret relationship? and maybe just one of them could have powers?

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Yeah that's totally fine :)

message 11: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments sweet, which character did you want, what time period, etc?

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments I'd prefer the one with powers if that's ok also Uhmmmm idc you can choose of you want

message 13: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments I'm fine with that! Do you want like 1600s America during the witch hunts?

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Sure we can definitley do that

message 15: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Sweet! So maybe like my character catches yours doing magic or something and gets freaked out and wants to go let everyone in the village know, but your character like traps him and tries to convince him otherwise, and other things happen?

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Yeah hat sounds super interesting!

message 17: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Awesome! Around what age, and I'll just get a name and a picture: i don't do well writing outlines, I tend to stray too far away from those.

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Uhm early twenties maybe?

And same here I don't do much outside of a basic outline

message 19: by mellinoe (last edited Oct 14, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin Waltham, 21

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
{Name} Artur Teterev
{Age} 21
{Gender} Male
{Sexuality} Homosexual
{Power} Illusion
{Appearance}

message 21: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Okay! I found a better FC for mine.

How should we start then?

message 22: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Uhm do you just want to start at the place where your guy catches mine using his powers?

message 23: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Ok, do you want to start or do you want me?

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments I can start

message 25: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments OK :)

message 26: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments X

message 27: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments Sorry it's been a busy day I gilt sidetracked a bit.

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur sighed as laid by the river a mile or so away from the village. He came here often to get away from the judgmental people who hated him because his family hailed from Russia. If they knew what he could do, who he liked, they would burn him without a second thought and that was something Artur couldn't accept. They all probably thought he was a witch anyways due to his antisocial behavior. He was scared a young woman had been burned last week and she hadn't even done anything. She didn't have powers like he did. He let out a breath as he summoned a miniature horse seemingly made out of water. Despite everything that was going on he needed to practice and the it was far enough away from the village that no one would find him.

message 29: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin sighed quietly as he slung his pack over one shoulder, setting off on the little-worn path into the woods surrounding the village. Their crops for the year were okay, but if he and his sister were to survive the winter, he would need to get some meat in any way he could; he had packed his makeshift fishing pole in hopes to get at least several fish, but he would settle for some quail and squirrels, to salt and store for the cold season. He checked his hip to make sure his dagger was still there, fingers brushing against the hilt before going back to hold the strap of the pack. After a while of trekking into the forest, he heard the rushing of the river to his left and headed off the trail, pushing his hair away from his face. As soon as he got so he could see the sparkling of the water, he found a small log to roll to roll to the bank so he could rest for a moment before getting his hook out. He had thought he was alone, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw what appeared to be water dancing further upstream. Must be the sun in the water, he thought to himself after squinting for several moments, but he wasn't sure he even believed himself.

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur hummed to himself as he controlled the horses soon making them making them disappear. He then summoned what looked to be fire people dancing on the water and of one looked closely they would clearly see that the two figures appeared to be male. Artur knew he could get into so much trouble if anyone happened to seen in doing what he was doing, but honestly he didn't care anymore. If someone saw him then so what? He was tired of caring, tired of hiding who he was. Sure he wasn't going to go out in the middle of the village and do what he was doing right now, but he just wished he could tell someone his secret.

message 31: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin stayed put on the log for a few more minutes, but when he saw the fire, he knew he wasn't alone. He stashed the hook back in his back and slowly started to head up the river banks, hiding in the trees in case it was one of the natives, but once he got closer, he realized the fire was on the water. He froze for a moment, then kept going, drawing his dagger quietly until he saw someone, a man, next to the river, who wasn't a bit surprised by the scene before him. A warlock! Calvin took a surprised step back, and in his haste, stumbled and tumbled down the bank into the river with a large SPLASH!

message 32: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur didn't even notice that someone was watching him. He was focusing on making this illusion absolutely perfect. It took a lot of concentration to get the details just the way he wanted them to. They were so small if one detail was off it would make the whole thing look super weird. That was another reason Artur had chosen to go so far out, because if someone attacked him he literally would not be able to defend himself. Suddenly there was a loud splash and Artur caught a glimpse of someone going below the water. He knew that the person who just went under nightve seen him and if they had he could get into huge trouble, but he couldn't let someone drown. He quickly threw off his overshirt and trousers before diving into the water. It only took him a minute to find the person and he quickly brought them up above the water. He quickly brought the other male to shore, hoping he hadn't swallowed too much water.

message 33: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Underneath the water, Calvin had no idea what was going on. He struggled to reach the surface, but the water pulled his clothes and his pack further down. He struggled to take a breath but ended up taking in water instead. Confused, he let go of the knife and his bag, still struggling when he felt strong arms grasping at him and pulling him up. As soon as his head was above water he gasped, and once they reached the bank, he slowly rolled onto his hands and knees, bending over and coughing, gasping for air in between each hack. He pushed his wet hair away from his eyes before turning to look at the man who had saved him; he took a sharp intake of air, choking on water again, as he noticed how beautiful his savior was. The water droplets on his skin, gleaming in the sunlight, his messy hair plastered to his head, what little clothing he was wearing clinging to his skin...Once he had caught his breath, though, he realized that it was in fact the "warlock" he had seen on the bank creating the dancing fire people. He struggled to stand, taking a step back, "You...you...witchcraft..."

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur laid on his side gasping for air. He was surprised that he'd been able to hold his breath for that long. He breathed in deeply looking over at the other glad to see he was moving and well breathing. The young man he'd saved looked to be about his age Artur noted, and he also noticed he was extremely handsome. Artur had seen him around the village, but he'd never had the pleasure of actually speaking to him. Artur stood up with him watching him warily. "It's not what you think," Hd stated putting his hands up. Artur really didn't know how to explain what he did, but he did know one thing he wasn't s warlock. From what he'd heard witches and warlocks worship Satan and summon demons, he didn't do any of those things. Artur just hoped he could convince the other male that he wasn't going to hurt anybody.

message 35: by mellinoe (last edited Dec 13, 2016 09:35AM) (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments "No, no," he shook his head, pointing at him. He didn't know why the other man had saved him, but if he was indeed a warlock, he probably intended to use him as part of a spell, or something else devious. "I have to warn everyone. I have to keep them safe." Of course with all the witchcraft scares around the small village, Calvin was mostly scared for his eight year old sister. Ever since their parents had passed, he had been her sole caretaker, protector; he would have been devastated if anything happened to her. He couldn't let any witch or warlock come near her, he had to keep her safe. He turned his head away so he wasn't looking at Artur anymore; for some inexplicable reason, he found him so, so beautiful, and passed it off as mind tricks being played on him. He reached for his hip, and not feeling his knife, he glanced back at the other man before bolting, running as fast as he could back to the village.

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur bit his lip as he looked at he other male. "Please it's not what you think," He pleaded again. "No I'm not going to hurt anyone," He told him trying to convince the other male not to go to the village. He waited for the other male to make a move, flinching slightly when he saw the other go for his knife which was thankfully not there. However before he knew it the other male had ran off and Arrur took off after him. He knew he had to catch him it wasn't just his life at stake if was his families as well. his parents and his twin brothers. They'd all be killed and itd be all his fault. The other male had a head start, but Artur could do things the other male couldn't. He focused on the path ahead of the other and all of a sudden Artur made it seem like there was fire coming out of the path. Artur ran a little faster so he could tackle the other male and bring them to he ground.

message 37: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin had expected the man to chase him, but he hadn't expected the path in front of him to erupt in flames. He abruptly stopped, looking around the trees for another way to reach the village, but before he could react, he was tackled to the ground, his face and hands scraping against the rocky dirt. Suddenly he was more scared than he had been before and he closed his eyes tightly, "P-Please, don't hex me, don't kill me..M-my sister is all alone, I'm the only one that c-can care for her...I have to k-keep her safe..." He didn't open his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the "warlock", fearing that he'd fall under his spell; he had never experienced an attraction to a person of the same sex before, but then again, he'd never experienced any attraction to any of the young women in the village, either.

message 38: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur tackled the other male and cursed as they rolled, but he fought to stay on top and soon the other male was on his back with Artur on top of him. Artur as straddling him so that the other male couldn't move and he also was holding the other's arms tightly. Artur softened at the mention of the other's sister, the other male was just trying to do what he thought was right. "I'm not going to hex you, or hurt you, or kill you," Artur stated firmly, daring the other boy to challenge him. "I can't let you go to the village and tell everyone what you saw. I have a family to protect to you know," He told him.

message 39: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments All he processed was, 'I can't let you go to the village and tell everyone what you saw.' "Wh-what are you going to do to me, then?" He finally dared to open his eyes, glancing up at the other man's beautiful face. He couldn't understand it at all and chalked it all up to witchcraft, but he had no idea why this warlock would want to do that at all. He let out a breath, then closed his eyes again, wondering how he'd get out of this as he struggled with his arms to get free.

message 40: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur glanced down at the other male. "Convince you not to tell the village?" He said, soundibg a little unsure. "Look I'm not going to hurt anyone. Why would I save you, if I wanted you dead?" He asked, just then a breeze blew past them and Artur realized how cold he was. He was basically half naked and the only thing he was wearing was soaking wet. He realized that the other male probably wasn't faring much better in his river water soaked clothes. Plus it was getting dark they weren't going to make it to the village before night hit them. "Come on I have a cabin we can go to nearby, you can stay there for the night and make your decision in the morning," He told him "Please don't run I seriously don't want to have to tie you up," He said nonchalantly.

message 41: by mellinoe (last edited Oct 18, 2016 05:37PM) (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin struggled to pull his arms away again, but between the bone-chilling cold and how strong the other man was, he gave up and laid his head back down on the ground. Going to this strange cabin in the middle of the woods meant he wouldn't be getting back to his sister, but he was terribly cold...He took in a shuddering breath before nodding quietly and opening his eyes again, "Okay. Only until the morning. Unless you're going to put me in your stew?" He wasn't sure about that last part, but he'd heard it was something that witches and wizards did. Plus, he could sneak out in the middle of the night to get back to the village.

message 42: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur snorted "I prefer rabbit in my stew. I'm not a cannibal," Hesaid wrinkling his noise in disgust. He got off him watching him carefully. He reached a hand down to help him up. "By the way my name is Artur, I would prefer for you to call me that and not warlock," He told him. "Also I've got extra clothes in my cabin, you must be freezing," He said softly. He knew the other male had to come with him if he didn't he'd probably did of cold somewhere in the woods.

message 43: by mellinoe (last edited Oct 18, 2016 06:55PM) (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin watched him for a minute, studying him carefully, and trying not to let his eyes linger on Artur's body before taking his hand and pulling himself up. "I'm Calvin..." Once up, he tried to wipe all the dirt and leaves off his clothes, but it only rubbed it into the wet clothing even more. He sighed quietly, then wiped the blood away from a scrape on his cheek. He sheepishly looked back up at Artur, "Thank you for pulling me out of the river."

message 44: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur nodded, he searched his memories for any mention of Calvin, but all he could remember were brief memories of his brothers playing with a little girl who's older brother was name Calvin. He looked over at Calvin and smiled. "Anytime, but maybe you'd take that in consideration before sending me and my family to the stake?" He stated rhetorically. He shivered again another sign that he wasn't the warlock Calvin claimed him to be. "We next to get going now, or we won't make it back to the cabin," Artud muttered mostly to himself. He gestured for Calvin to follow him before he started asking a little deeper into the woods.

message 45: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments He hadn't even considered the fact that Artur would have a family, but of course he would...He wrapped his arms around himself tightly, looking around the woods. "Have you lived out here for a while? I don't know that I recognize you, but...I don't know, there are a lot of things I don't really retain. Erm...Have you always ben able to...you know, that...witchcraft stuff..." Honestly that really freaked him out, but pretending to be okay was kind of working for him, so far.

message 46: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur nodded, "I've lived here since I was three. My parents immigrated here from Russia and we've lived here ever since," He told him as they picked their way through the forest. "And yes I've always been able to make things appear," Artur didn't mention the fact that the things he summoned were only illusions, that was on thing he had against Calvin and it was a pawning chip he wasn't ready to give up yet. "It's just up ahead of here," He said after a few more minutes of walking. They continued for a couple more minutes and then Artur could see the outline of the building.

message 47: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin was shivering as he continued to follow Artur through the woods, pushing his wet hair away from his face again. He felt his teeth chattering, but clenched his jaw so that the other man wouldn't be able to hear it. A family of Eastern Europeans who dealt in witchcraft, he knew he was walking into a trap of some sorts, but he was just so cold. As soon as he was in dry clothes and had been sitting next to a fire for a while, he could escape in the middle of the night while they were all sleeping. "That's a nice cabin you have out here...How many of you are out here?"

message 48: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
Artur was absolutely freezing he couldn't wait to get into clothes so he could get warm. He just hoped they didn't get sick in the middle of the night. "Just me right now. The rest of my family is in the village right now. We don't use this cabin very often," He told him as they got closer. He grabbed a couple of logs from outside before opening the door. He placed the logs in the chimney and he started it quickly. "I have some clothes in the other room," He said quietly walking to the other room silently. He dig through the handmade armoire he dug out two pairs of night clothes. He walked out handing one pair to Calvin. "Here you go, I apologize if they don't fit you properly," He told him.

message 49: by mellinoe (new)

mellinoe | 121 comments Calvin took the clothing in his hands, looking down before nodding, "Thank you, this is very kind of you." He waited until Artur was back in the other room before quickly stripping down and changing into the nice, warm sleeping clothes. He laid his clothes out next to the fire, hoping they would be dry by the time he left, and he sat down next to them, holding his hands and feet out toward the flames to warm himself up. The home looked a lot cozier than he would have imagined for belonging to witches and warlocks.

message 50: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1670 comments
"You're welcome," Artur said simply while going into the other room. He stripped off the rest of his clothes and puffing on the nice clean warm clothes. He sighed as he walked back out, sitting next to Calvin by the fireplace. He was silent as he sat there contemplating what just happened. He had to admit he was scared and not for himself, but for his family. His family wasn't like him, they couldn't do what he could, they were completely innocent and they were going to pay for his mistakes if he couldn't find someway to fix this.

« previous 1 3