Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Graphic design help?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Al-Sheikh | 48 comments I keep hitting a problem with my cover using IngramSpark's template. I'm not terribly good or experienced in photoshop, and I'm trying so hard to make the cover stuff I have that createspace made me before work here, but I'm losing my mind.

Please, any advice would be appreciated.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jeannel What exactly is the issue? I have my book on Ingram, and the photos went up just fine. What is Ingram saying exactly?

message 3: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Al-Sheikh | 48 comments My text on the back is in the bleed area. As I'm just adapting my cover from the paperback edition for this, I don't know how to fix it. I don't want to try and build a new cover from scratch.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) You can try to put a margin around it, but that can get a little touchy. I've had to experiment with text layout on covers many times, and often it does involve going back and starting over.

message 5: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Reese (authorkrreese) | 41 comments I had to do two covers for paperback and Ebook. They essentially look the same, but I had the same problem and my text was in the bleed area for paperback.

message 6: by Rohvannyn (new)

Rohvannyn Shaw | 189 comments Ahmed wrote: "My text on the back is in the bleed area. As I'm just adapting my cover from the paperback edition for this, I don't know how to fix it. I don't want to try and build a new cover from scratch."

Totally understood! If you have a finished image, that's not in layers, how about adding a margin around the cover that's exactly the same color as the rest of the cover? I don't know what it looks like but that might work.