Beyond Reality discussion

Days of Air and Darkness (The Westlands, #4)
This topic is about Days of Air and Darkness
SERIES—List & Discussions > Deverry--DAYS OF AIR AND DARKNESS aka A TIME OF JUSTICE: Finished Reading (*SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3154 comments Mod
Here's a general topic for people who have finished reading Days of Air and Darkness, aka A Time of Justice, by Katharine Kerr.

WARNING: SPOILERS LIKELY!

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Oct 22, 2016 08:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this tonight, so here are a few random thoughts and first reactions.

Arzosah is my new favorite character, especially by the end of this book. Like Evandar, in a way, she is learning love, loyalty, & friendship.

We lose 2 main characters (Jill and Alshandra) in this book, and a reincarnated less-major character in Yraen. The "flashback" section with Jill and Rhodry on the long road as silver daggers was a nice reminder of their early years together.

Most loose threads are tied up--only a few dangling out there. No doubt they will be picked up in the next arc.

message 3: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

And I had to look up who Loddlaen was and what had happened to him.

message 4: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2175 comments Mod
I finished it yesterday. I really liked Yraen, his death made me sad. Jill's wasn't so hard, since her sacrifice was purposeful, necessary, and she got to reunite with Nevyn :)

I'll be interested to see what direction the next arc takes!

Kerry (rocalisa) | 487 comments This was my first completely new read and I'm now annoyed with myself I didn't at least finish this arc sooner. But hey, I'm getting to read along with others now, so that's a good thing.

It was interesting to find out who Yraen was, so close to his death. I'm guessing we might get to go back and learn more about his other incarnations from here, but it was sad to lose him. I rather liked him, and he did, in his circumstances at least, rather remind be of Nevyn back in his original (or original to us so far) incarnation.

I do like the way this series lets people stay important characters we get to spend time with, even after they die.

Spikeabell | 6 comments When I first completed this book, over 20 years ago I was devastated by Jill's death (I was in my teens). It still makes me sad, but she completed a great task, was welcomed back to the light by Nevyn and shifts the story along to a new set of characters. I had to wait for the next book to be published too.