Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > I need a beta reader

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Velvet (new)

Velvet | 6 comments I'm writing my first novel for wattpad and i'm super nervous about it. I'd like to have someona that could see it and give me his or her honest opinion about it. It's still in process and i haven't published any of it.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments What kind of novel (genre and audience) is it and how many words?

message 3: by Velvet (new)

Velvet | 6 comments LGBT superhero story

genre:action

Demographic :Teens and young adults

message 4: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 12 comments Velvet wrote: "LGBT superhero story

genre:action

Demographic :Teens and young adults"

I unfortunately don't have a lot of time for reading over the next month (NaNoWriMo) but if you still want someone come December I'd be happy to help. I haven't read much LGBT YA except for the odd side characters in some of my favourite series like The Mortal Instruments and Falling Kingdoms but I love a good superhero story and I LOVE M/M romance (not sure if that's the dynamic you're going for but in my head it is and it sounds awesome haha)

Anyway, let me know if you'd like my help come December - you can PM me or email me at ashleebye@gmail.com. I've studied creative writing and editing so I can give you feedback on whatever you need but I promise I won't overstep (I've never actually beta read before--just edited articles and written my own stuff).

cheers

Ash

message 5: by Velvet (new)

Velvet | 6 comments Thank you very much!

Right now I only have around 4 chapters done so you wouldn't really need that much time to read them, the chapters are around 3k words each. But I guess I can wait if you need to. Thank you again, you are the only beta that has responded to my request.

message 6: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) | 0 comments Hi Velvet.

The story sounds really interesting and I use Wattpad so I can be on either (through e-mail and Wattpad). Message me so we can talk about it. I love superheroes and lgbt+ just adds to it!

Daniela

message 7: by Ashlee (last edited Oct 27, 2016 05:18AM) (new)

Ashlee | 12 comments Velvet wrote: "Thank you very much!

Right now I only have around 4 chapters done so you wouldn't really need that much time to read them, the chapters are around 3k words each. But I guess I can wait if you nee..."

Ok 4 chapters should be do-able. Send me through what you have (sorry I don't use wattpad) preferably in word doc or ePub format and I'll have a read over the weekend and give you some feedback

message 8: by Velvet (new)

Velvet | 6 comments Thanks Ash!

Send me your e - mail so I can send it to you

message 9: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 12 comments Velvet wrote: "Thanks Ash!

Send me your e - mail so I can send it to you"

Oh sorry, I put it in that first post but just saw it was kind of lost amongst all the other stuff - it's ashleebye@gmail.com