Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Book Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Writer's (new)

The Writer's Shelf (thewritersshelf) | 14 comments I'm unsure if I posted this in the right spot. I figured since this topic was focused on books, it was best.

Fishing books is becoming a chore. I'm not sure if it's the books I'm choosing to read, or if I'm not digging enough to find the kind is read. I'm not sure. I would love some recommendations. I'm working on a Children's Bool right now (The Lost City of Faar) and Bloodsong by Anthony (forget his last name). I'm heavily into fantasy. And alternate worlds. If anyone has any book recommendations, I'd be grateful.

Thank you! :)

message 2: by The Writer's (new)

The Writer's Shelf (thewritersshelf) | 14 comments Sorry for all the grammatical errors. My iPod is really annoying.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Clair (new)

Clair St.Claire | 1 comments My brother and I both enjoyed Ranger's Apprentice, and he also liked Brotherband quite a bit...Though I never had the interest to finish it.
I'm hesitant to suggest my own novel, Some Must Fall, but it is an alternative world fantasy so I can't stop myself :) I started it at thirteen and finished at fifteen.
But, anyway, hope you find some to enjoy. There's nothing better than finding good books!
Clair

message 5: by C. (last edited Oct 20, 2016 07:59AM) (new)

C. | 3 comments I recently read a fascinating YA book that I cannot recommend highly enough! Forget Me by K.A. Harrington

Contemporary/psychological thriller/mystery/suspense

message 6: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments Here are a few ya I have read that have alternate worlds,

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis

message 7: by Mitsy (last edited Oct 23, 2016 06:13PM) (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) | 9 comments Recently finished the awesome YA paranormal novel The Promise by Apryl Baker and am currently reading its sequel, The Oath. Love both books!! ❤️

The Promise (The Coven, #1) by Apryl Baker The Oath (Coven #2) by Apryl Baker

Running With Wolves | 26 comments I am looking for a really good horror book. Thanks!

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Nov 10, 2016 06:14PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments oooh! a good horror story?! That's my favorite Genre!!

I have quite a few for you, so feel free to pick and choose:

Some of my all time favorites (that may have more than one book in the series):
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

Some other good horror I've read:
What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Sweet by Emmy Laybourne Zom-B (Zom-B, #1) by Darren Shan The Rules by Nancy Holder

and, although this series is New Adult and not YA, I recommend it because it's spooky as all get out (and I see you are over 18 :D)
Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) by Karina Halle
it's almost always free download on Amazon!

and 3 on my TBR that I'm dying to read:
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco Say Her Name by James Dawson MARY The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1) by Hillary Monahan

I hope you find something you like :)

message 10: by Autumn (new)

Autumn McIntyre (_autumnmcintyre) | 5 comments If you like fantasy than any Cassandra Clare or Sarah J Maas series is absolutely perfect for you. Especially SJM, she writes the most epic fantasies