Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Beta Read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf | 17 comments I'm available to read any genre or length, I'm particularly interested in YA, LGBT, mythology and fantasy but happy to read anything. I've been working as a proofreader for 2 years but now I'm looking to work exclusively with fiction. Let me know via PM if you have any projects that you would like looking at.

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Baker | 109 comments Fiction, darn! I guess a road trip from Vancouver to Belize and back is out then. Some of it certainly reads like fiction!

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf | 17 comments I wouldn't have a problem reading through it for proofreading/flow but from a purely factual stand point I wouldn't really know where to start

message 4: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith | 68 comments Good evening Jessie, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in beta reading my fantasy novel. It's a little over 115,000 words and completed as well as I can. If you like, I could send you a short blurb to let you know what's it's about.
Thanks for your time, Randy

message 5: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Schleifer (natschleifer) | 7 comments Hello, I'm relatively new to goodreads. I came searching for a beta reader, and seeing you offer your services made me want to drop a little note asking if you'd be interested in reading the first chapter of my fantasy novel. I say first for now if only because it's best to see if author and beta styles match. I have very thick skin and prefer brutal honesty to sugar coating. I can send you a blurb if you'd like.
Thanks, Nat

message 6: by Akshay (new)

Akshay (shelvesofakshay) Jessie wrote: "I'm available to read any genre or length, I'm particularly interested in YA, LGBT, mythology and fantasy but happy to read anything. I've been working as a proofreader for 2 years but now I'm look..."

Hi Jessie,

I'm a scifi and fantasy writer based out of India and have been working on both a dark fantasy short-story series as well as a sci-fi novel and would love to have you beta-read it and get your opinion on it - if you are willing/interested.

Cheers!

message 7: by Jay (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Jessie,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my thrilling 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel, ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Josh Driscoll, a teenager living in a mysterious underground city known as ‘The Station’, is forced to enroll as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery, as punishment for numerous petty crimes and mischief.

At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s scriptures, which seem to answer questions about the Station’s origin, now lost in the mists of time. From the scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in a part of the Station critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

When the governing Council, of which Josh’s own father is a member, announces plans to demolish the Black Heart to open up badly needed living space, Josh forms a movement and leads a desperate battle to stop the demolition.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks,
Jay

message 8: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) Good morning Jessie,

Would love it if you would be willing to beta read our newest novel The Neuromorphs.

Here is a link to the book where you can read a chapter and decide if it is interesting to you.
http://dennismeredith.com/the-neuromo...

The authors blog post here http://wp.me/pjyFJ-vM
explains why beta readers and reviewers are so important and that we do listen!

You can reach me at editor@glyphus.com

Thanks for your consideration,
Joni