Sherwood Forest discussion

Nottingham > ***the bell tower***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Liam (new)

Liam A tower containing two brass bells, designated to tolling out the hours.

message 2: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin sat at the bottom of the bell tower, behind a few crates people used to store things. She read, hidden in her hidey hole, making sure she didn't lose track of time.

message 3: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((I think you said noblewoman...? But I could be wrong))

message 4: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((No problem!))

Acelin heard someone enter, and stayed absolutely quiet. She didnt even breath, and waited for the person to either go away or leave to go up father towards the bells.

message 5: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin waited for her to leave, hoping they didnt notice her.

message 6: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin coudnt see the person, but she had a terrible feeling that if the person found her she would be in big trouble.

message 7: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Once Acelin could identify that it was a female, she knew her chances of needing to fight were slim. "Neither." She answered softly. She made sure to keep it to where it was hard to source her voice.

message 8: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((can I join somehow? y'all seem to be the only active Roleplayers))

message 9: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((I'm cool with it))

message 10: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((I should probably wait for Sophia to give the OK. If I don't respond, just continue and I'll jump in when I can.))

message 11: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((Okay))

message 12: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((???))

message 13: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((Wait for Sophia))

message 14: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((SoPhIa LeTs Go))

message 15: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((OK. Am I allowed to join, Sophia?))

message 16: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Fern strolled towards the bell-tower, wondering why they had picked such a strange place to meet. Then, ahead of her, she heard whispering. A girl's whispering. She melted back into the shadows to listen. Had they been discovered?

message 17: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((My group. The bell-tower is a crowded place tonight...))

message 18: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Fern heard the sound break off abruptly. She was in for it now. Unless one of the men had brought a girl along- she very highly doubted that. She unconsciously clasped the knife in her belt and wished fervently she had something a little more- long-distance

message 19: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin naturally was silent as well, and she also heard the foot steps. She slowly stood up, still hidden behind the boxes, and peered out a window that was to her back. She saw whoever it was that was coming, and saw they had stopped as well, quiet a distance away. She silently took her knife out in self defense.

message 20: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Fern suddenly felt something brush against her shoulder. She flung her head back to see Andrew and Tony. "Why are you hiding?" Andrew whispered, instinctively flattening into a crack. "Someone find us out?" Fern just pressed a finger to her lips. Andrew nudged her out just far enough that she could see Percy and Hastings coming from the other direction. And they hadn't even gone for disguises....

message 21: by Weird And Odd (last edited Nov 30, 2016 09:32AM) (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin counted the people. "Three males..." She quickly came out and ignored the presence of Kierra. She carefully made her way to the window on the opposite side, and looked through it without being seen. "And two more males from the other direction. Fantastic." She said sarcastically. She locked the front and back door of the bell tower. "Come upstairs but dont let your head be seen through the windows." She advised, silently climbing the stairs and ducking under the occasional window.

message 22: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((Forgot to mention I currently look like a boy. So you would be seeing five males total :) ))
Fern heard the scraping sound of a bolt being slid into place. She smiled. Maybe they were just as afraid of her as she was of them. But they had three people hiding in the tower that they needed to get out. Wait, maybe they were the sheriff's men- there to arrest the fugitives- she stepped back abruptly. "We've got to find a way in!" she whispered to Andrew.

message 23: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((Whoops sorry thanks))

message 24: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((All good))

message 25: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) As soon as Fern heard retreating footsteps, she raced up to the door. All five of them combined could not push it open. "Looks like there's only one option." Percy frowned, looking up at where the bell swung.
"If you're expecting my sister to climb up there, then no." Andrew said protectively.
Fern glanced up at the opening. "I can try." she whispered.
Tony stepped in front of her. "No. You aren't doing that. I'll go."

message 26: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd "Be quieter!" She said softly but gruffly. "I dont know your skill level of hiding from people, and I dont even know who you are, so just stay low and dont get hurt." She said. "Acelin." She answered quickly. When they got to the top she started looking under the bells. "Crawl into this middle one." She said. "There are foot and hand holds here, here, here, and here." She explained, pointing them out. "You hide and Ill keep watch."

message 27: by Rhedyn (last edited Dec 02, 2016 05:59AM) (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Fern shoved in front of Tony. "Don't be silly, you're almost twice my size. " Then gripping the stone, she began to climb. Tony followed anyhow.

message 28: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd "Still, if you really are a noble theyll target you and might want to kidnap you for randsom." She whispered angrily. She saw there was only one way for someone to climb up, so she stood by the side and waited for them to appear, hidden silently in the shadows.

message 29: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd "No...I think you would be much more useful as a surprise element." She said. "Now shhh, their coming!" She whispered.

message 30: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) "Odd's fish, but that was close!" whispered Tony, slipping on a foothold an watching the pebbles fall beneath him.
"H-shhh!!" Fern hissed at him. "And stop using foppish expressions. They'll know you're a noble."
"Like they won't know I'm a noble already." Tony retorted, glancing down at his finery. Fern finally reached up and grasped the ledge of the cutout in the bell tower.

message 31: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Fern heard the mutterings above her. "They have the the whole tower filled!" she cried despondently. "We don't even have a chance. If we go in they'll chop us to pieces. We'll have to go back down."
"On my soul, if I risked my neck to climb a tower I'll go in it, and fie on their swords!" Tony muttered, pulling himself up to peer in.

message 32: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin didn't dare shush her, as she saw the obvious noble boy peek in. She didn't show herself and made it impossible for him to take notice.

message 33: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Not seeing anyone, Tony pulled his tall figure onto the ledge. Then he removed his gold-embroidered over-shirt and foppish shoes, casting them down to Andrew. Then, pulling his sword, he put one foot on the ledge and peered around the corner. Fern, seeing Tony's idiotic determination, pulled her dagger and placed her elbows on the ledge. "See anyone?" she whispered to him in French, which most did not understand.

message 34: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin, knowing French, understood what she said. She stayed hidden, waiting for the entire party to climb the tower or for them to leave.

message 35: by Rhedyn (last edited Dec 04, 2016 07:04AM) (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((Whoa, where did she learn French and how to read? Most nobles didn't know French or how to read!))
"Non." Whispered back Tony. "Mais nous les avons entendus il y a un instant, alors peut-être qu'ils essaient une embuscade." Fern cautiously puled herself up as well, stepping into the dim room.

message 36: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((She was born in France, I believe that's what I put in her profile))

Acelin understood that, and still continued to wait. She would wait until they noticed Kierra or herself and then swiftly disarm them.

message 37: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((oh, OK. I think we should wait for Sophia))

message 38: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((Okay, but I don't know what Kierra can do at this point))

message 39: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((I just thought she should have a chance to see what's going on before we burst into the action. No matter though. Could you please tell me exactly where the two of you are situated?))

message 40: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((Kierra is hiding suspended under the middle bell, hopefully quiet. Acelin is probably behind a couple of barrels, quieter than a rock, and waiting for any sign of them looking under bells or aggression.))

message 41: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) Tony stepped in after her. "Nous devrions probablement envoyer une note aux autres" he whispered. Fern nodded and removed a scrap of parchment and a pencil of sorts. She scribbled something on it, showed it to tony, and then dropped it down. Then, sliding carefully, she bent down to open the wooden trapdoor while Tony stood over her with his sword.

message 42: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) "Hist, what was that?" Tony said suddenly. "What?" responded Fern.

message 43: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin stayed silent, wondering what they had heard.

message 44: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) "I don't know." replied Tony. "Sounded like metal against metal...." he looked suspiciously at the big bell. Fern succeeded in pulling up the trapdoor and slipping down the ladder. Tony prepared to follow, giving one last glance around.

message 45: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin held her breath, hoping Kierra didn't make any more sound.

((Now we wait))

message 46: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((all good. I understand the mom situation :( ))
Tony finally slipped down the ladder, shutting the trapdoor behind him. "Now they're trapped up there!" he laughed, turning to find the staircase. But Fern wasn't there.

message 47: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((Wierd and Odd?))

message 48: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((Sorry!))

Acelin emerged. "I hope theyre gone...but now were stuck, so we'll have to wait for them to leave."

message 49: by Rhedyn (new)

Rhedyn  (fernffoulkes) ((yeah, it's night. ))
"Fern!" tony hissed down the stairs, sliding a wooden bolt across the trapdoor. It wouldn't hold for long, but would do for now. "Where are you?"
"Sshhhh!"" came the response from below. "Do you know where they're hidden?"
"Ye-es, but we should probably let the others in..."
"Alright." Fern whispered and he heard the rapid sound of footsteps running to the door and sliding the heavy bolt open.

message 50: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Acelin heard them entering, and cursed under her breath. She went to one of the large barrels, and opened it up. "Crawl in here and dont make a single sound." She said, whispering. "Theyre still coming."

« previous 1