Sherwood Forest discussion

Characters > ***character creation***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Liam (last edited Oct 13, 2016 10:49PM) (new)

Liam Create your characters here! Please include:

{Name (make it medieval, please!)}

{Age (don't make all your characters sixteen, either!)}

{Gender (not all rebellious teen girls, please. Remember medieval norms!)}

{Occupation (outlaw, peasant, guard, knight, or other?)}

{Location (which village, or in the woods?)}

{Sexual orientation (if your character is going to be LGBTQ, remember that such orientations were almost never public in medieval times!)}

{Appearance (a picture and further description, or just an in depth description!)}

{Personality (what are they like? Remember to stay medieval!!!)}

{History (what has their life been like?)}

{Family (include names and ages! Remember that in medieval times people had kids at younger ages!)}

{Weapon (if a soldier, guard or outlaw, they'll need a weapon of choice, unless they have reason not to be (i.e. outlaw's healer))}

{Anything else you find relevant!!!}

You have to be approved before you can start roleplaying!!!

message 2: by Liam (new)

Liam ((I'm going to make an unfinished characters thread haha))

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 13, 2016 04:17PM) (new)

Name: Maid Marian

{Age: 18

{Gender: F

{Occupation: Outlaw (I think? That's literally the only thing I don't know about her)

{Sexual orientation: Straight

{Appearance:

Marian has shoulder length curly brown hair, that she usually lets free, pulling it back into a pony or bun or putting in a headband. She has rosy pink cheeks. Her eyes are a light blue. Her skin is free of any bumps or blemishes. She is quite beautiful.

{Personality (what are they like? Remember to stay medieval!!!)}
Marian is a kind, sweet, romantic kind of person. She has a sense of humor and people tend to gravitate towards her. The one thing you might not expect from her is that she can be quite feisty. She can be very sassy at times. She tries to hide it but Robin Hood brings it out in her. She sticks up for others but lacks the ablility to stick up for herself.
She is very gentle and little kids often ask for her when they need someone to watch them. Animals like her as well. She wishes she could help everyone in their time of need, but sadly she can't. So she fully supports Robin Hood in stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. She finds both him and his men very charming. She likes to read novels and knit in her spare time.

{History (what has their life been like?)}
Marian was born to unnamed parents, and now lives with her Uncle Richard, who is the king of Nottingham. She was very pampered as a child but that never affected her.
From a young age Marian was a social person. She never had trouble making friends. But her only flaw was although she had no problem sticking up for other people, she lacked the ability to do the same for herself.
She let the Sheriff of Nottingham bully her into believing they would get married one day when she truly loves Robin Hood.
She hopes one day she can run away with Robin Hood and bring the Sheriff of Nottingham's and Prince John's tyranny to an end for good.

{Family (include names and ages! Remember that in medieval times people had kids at younger ages!)}
Dad-(Since it never states who her parents are I'm just going to say unknown) Unknown
Mom-Unknown
Uncle: King Richard (lives with him)
Uncle: Prince John
{Weapon:
None, she has never needed one
If any of this is wrong I'm sorry, I tried my best!!

message 4: by Liam (new)

Liam (you don't need my descriptions of each area :) like:

just needs to be {Family} :)

Apart from that, it's good! and yay glad you used Marian from the B.B.C. version!!!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY!! :D SO. HAPPY.

message 6: by Liam (new)

Liam Whoops, I should OFFICIALLY confirm the approval lol.

Maid Marian is approved!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe xD

message 8: by Liam (new)

Liam ((if I can say one thing I think you might want to make Marian a bit feistier, cuz doncha think that'd be a better relationship between her and Robin? XD))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure! I'll see what I can change))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

((Done))

message 11: by Liam (new)

Liam {name} - Robin Hood

{age} - 21

{gender} - Male

{occupation} - Outlaw leader

{sexual orientation} - heterosexual

{appearance} - Of medium height, with ragged brown hair and a glint in his eye, Robin is the picture of roguishness. He's a dead shot with a bow and arrow, being known as the best bowman in the land, but he only turns it on those who deserve it or are trying to harm those he wishes to protect. He has a square face, and stubble stretching from ear to ear.

description

{personality} - Robin is charming for the most part, especially towards the girl he loves, Maid Marian. He is blind to other girls, however, and would only ever charm another if Marian were to die, and some random whiny blonde named Kate came into his life. But he is oftentimes oblivious to those who need him if someone he loves is in danger, and he'd dive into the belly of the beast for anyone. He's dedicated to the cause, but can be distracted if a secondary situation of great meaning comes around. But for the most part he is a fearless leader, brave and stout-hearted.

{history} - Robin's parents were killed when he was just a child, and he was forced to take to the streets, stealing bread from those who could afford it. From a young age he felt a strong compassion to the other impoverished people in the village of Locksley, as they were in a similar situation to himself. He would steal only from the rich from that point on, and when he could he'd steal an extra portion to feed his fellow street urchins. When he was ten, he was hunted down by the Sheriff of Nottingham for the trouble he had caused, and was locked up for six months. He escaped after three, and fled into the woods, where he built himself a small camp and lived self-sufficiently for two years. At thirteen, another escaped boy stumbled upon Robin, and the two became friends, eventually sharing their camp. They would rescue a few others in similar positions, including John Little and Much the Miller's Son, and the four of them began their 'reign of terror'. They all respected Robin as their leader, and he began to decide upon the strategy of feeding the poor by thieving from the rich. He did not have any respect for any of the rich, until one day when he was seventeen, as he met Marian. He fell for her instantly, as she was rich but cared little for it. She did not fawn over him like too many young maidens did, and so his fate was sealed. He spoke as often as he could with her, over the castle wall or by hidden message, and he longs for the day he can rescue her from her walled prison to live a more a better life.

{family} - deceased.

{weapon} - longbow. Sword if necessary.

message 12: by Liam (new)

Liam Robin Hood is approved!

message 13: by Liam (new)

Liam ((Okay and yay!))

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex (pastelstudy) | 6 comments LOL AIDAN HAHAHAHA approving yourself xD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Ready to rp? :D

message 16: by Liam (new)

Liam ((Hey Sara isn't a mod here xP))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I love your character Liam!

message 18: by Liam (new)

Liam ((I'm sorry Evelyn I can't right now :( I thought I could but I need to have a shower, put in my contact lenses, and do the dishes before my mom gets home...........))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((Silly Liam. I'll wait.))

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

-Name- Alice Wittock

-Age- 27

-Gender- Female

-Occupation- Hazelton Village Chief

-Sexual orientation- Bisexual

-Appearance-

description

Alice has long red hair and pale skin. She ties back her hair whenever she's hunting down outlaws or fighting, but when she's attending meetings or public appearances, she wears it down. She normally wears black or brown loose shirts and pants, and when people tell her she should wear dresses and act like a proper lady, she skins them alive. She looks very young for her age (not as young as the picture sorry) and is normally smiling, but the smile is never for a good reason.

description
(imagine this, except real-life and older)

-Personality- Alice is the opposite of the definition ladylike. She is very brash and rude, and wouldn't hesitate to punch a guy's face in. She is also very bloodthirsty. She is always executing people and she does this in the most gruesome ways. Alice is very smart, but is never in the right state of mind, as she is, to sum it up, insane.

-History- Alice grew up in a wealthy household, and her parents were very supportive of her. She was a single child. When she was twenty five, she was appointed Village Chief of Hazelton, and she loved her position and was, at the time, mentally stable. Later on though, when she was twenty six, her parents were murdered by outlaws trying to steal their money. This even through Alice into her insane state. This also caused her to support Nottingham. She only is still allowed to rule because everyone is to afraid of her to challenge it. She also does a lot of the dirty work herself, since it pleases her.

-Family- Dead

-Weapon- Daggers (she never misses her target), and if necessary, she can use a sword

description

message 21: by Liam (new)

Liam A great character for sure, and I will most definitely approve her, but could you change her age slightly? In the medieval world, nobody, especially not a woman, would've been appointed as village chief at the age of 20 :) she could maybe be a couple years older, and was maybe appointed at 25 or so? Thanks!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, I'll change her :)

message 23: by Liam (new)

Liam don't apologize lol.

message 24: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd {Name} Acelin Ashdown
{Age} 15

{Gender} Female

{Occupation} Peasant

{Sexual orientation} Asexual

{Appearance} Black hair, with silver eyes and pale skin.

{Personality} Acelin is kind and compassionate to anyone who needs it, but she is extremely secretive. She is afraid if anyone finds out about her situation she will be turned into the police and thrown into prison on account of her debt. She helps as much as she can to anyone who will let her, and she is constantly giving food to anyone who she thinks needs it, which accounts for the fact that she eats as little as possible and can easily break a bone or get sick. That being said, she can be stone cold if anyone is rude or insensitive. If she feels she is in danger she will fight for whoever needs it, be it herself or anyone she befriends.

{History} Acelin used to be middle class and well off with her mom and dad, until her dad ran off on them. Losing their major source of income, her mom started working. They downsized on their house and were almost immediately in poverty. Due to living in dirty conditions, her mother died of Tuberculosis a year later. Acelin was able to collect food and supplies and flee before she was evicted and was able to avoid getting thrown into prison due to unpaid rent. She's now homeless and does odd jobs to try and make money.

{Family} Mom: Bernette Acelin died at 31 when Acelin was 13
Dad: Jacobinson Acelin ran off when Acelin was 12

{Weapon} Uses whatever is at hand, however she has a dagger her father gave her.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Acelin Ashdown is approved!

message 26: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Thank you!

message 27: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Hope that's alright! :) And I apologise for the history being so long...

message 28: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Lexie wrote: "Hope that's alright! :) And I apologise for the history being so long..."
I don't think you mean, "Sorry for the history being so long" I think you mean, "I have now blessed this group with reading material!"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

@Lexie no no no! Do not apolgize, that's an amazing character!
Colress Lolson is approved!

message 30: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lol Weird and Odd, thanks! XD

And thank you Evelyn! :D

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish I had your talent. I know next to everything about Maid Marian and her template took me forever to make and it's still not as good as yours.

message 32: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Oh don't worry, already made character actually XD just adapted him a bit. Had him for 3 years actually though so yeah XD

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow! I haven't even been on here a year yet

message 34: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Oh neither have I, I think I've been on here like 2. No I write a lot for leisure anyway and this is just one of my many characters really :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I write short stories. :) Unreliable narrators are my speciality.

message 36: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Oh yeah! So do you like Catcher in the Rye? I had to do that earlier this year XD I can't seem to do short stories, lol. Not enough for me XD I only do them for school when I have to. I write novels mostly.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah catcher in the rye is a good book. *yawns* why am i awake

message 38: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Lol, go to sleep! XD

message 39: by Ahana~ (new)

Ahana~  (kingahana) Omg! Vampire Diaries!!!!! Love Elena!

message 40: by Ahana~ (new)

Ahana~  (kingahana) Yep and looks awesome!

message 41: by Liam (new)

Liam Lizzy,

Do you mind editing the various categories of her sheet, (I.e. personality, family, etc.) To include only the specific word, and not the description I gave for it? :) I.e. {Family (include names and ages! Remember that in medieval times people had kids at younger ages!)} Just needs to be {Family} ;)

If you fix that, Katherine Pierce is approved!

message 42: by Liam (new)

Liam Oh, and sorry Shikamaru i missed the edit. Alice Wottock is approved lol.

message 43: by Liam (new)

Liam Hey Weird and Odd, if you read this, can you add the village that Acelin lives in? Thanks! Lizzy, same thing :) it'll be easier to keep track that way!

message 44: by Liam (new)

Liam Just where does Katherine live?

message 45: by Liam (new)

Liam (Oh, and sorry lizzy totally missed it, there weren't guns yet in the medieval times that this is set in. Almost but not quite.

message 46: by Liam (new)

Liam Mystic Falls? Well, Lizzy, this group is set in Nottinghamshire, England, so it'll have to be one of the villages in the introduction....

message 47: by Liam (new)

Liam Well, yes, but to be in this roleplay she'll have to live in Nottinghamshire in one of the villages since it's Sherwood Forest, the group I mean.

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2016 08:49AM) (new)

{Name (make it medieval, please!)}
Yves Mayfield

{Age}

{Gender}
Female

{Occupation (outlaw, peasant, guard, knight, or other?)}
Chief of Locksley

{Location}
Locksley

{Sexual orientation}
Heterosexual

{Appearance}
g
"The flowers are quite lovely this time of year.."
Yves has long flowing white blonde hair that is given the slightest hint of pink in the sunlight. She always leaves it down, no matter what anyone else tells her, but on the slightest occasions, she will put it up if absolute necessary. Her eyes are a rare shade of..pink? She is called albino sometimes, but chooses not to believe it. Her eyelashes are long and full, she has a scar on her cheek from her childhood. Yves has a slim figure, somewhat tall and thin. Yves hates wearing skirts and frilly objects. She wears a midnight blue jacket with red cuffs, with a white frilled ascot and a small cross pendant, which was a gift from her mother. Under the jacket is a simple white blouse with a white sash. She wears black men's pants and white lace up shoes. At her side is a sword, a deadly sharp blade that can cut almost anything in her path.
g
{Personality}
Yves is truly a kind person. She hardly talks, and if she does it is in all seriousness. Yves is not rebellious, but she does speak her mind if she knows what someone is doing is wrong. If she thinks that saying something might get her in trouble, she won't say it, or anything in that matter. Yves finds love foolish and a quick way to get her heart broken, but in truth, that is because she has had no one to love, or anyone that truly loved her. She finds animals easy to talk to, because they don't judge you. Many people think she is weird because she spends so much time with animals in the forest, especially ravens and crows.
g
"I don't know why..Ravens are just...attracted to me in a way..maybe I'm a witch.."
{History}
Yves was born to two parents who wished for a son. They were very disappointed when they found out she was a girl, so they gave her a boys name "Yves" which is not pronounced "Yiv-es" but pronounced "Eve" Yves had unusually short hair as a child, but truth be told, her mother cut it short, hoping she'd grow up with the short hair and look masculine. She disliked this very much because all of the other little girls had long pretty hair, they'd always put flowers in their hair or braid it. It didn't help the fact that Yves looked nothing like her parents.

They had golden blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. One day, Yves refused to let her mother cut her hair, it had gotten to shoulders length. Yves mother struck her across the face, causing a cut because the scissors were in her hand. Yves didn't feel the pain, she was too shocked to feel anything. Her mother never cut her hair again, it reached the length it is today, long and silky, reaching to her mid thigh. Yves feels like the scar on her cheek is a reminder..but to what?

Yves later became adept at fighting with a sword. Since her father was a swords-maker, he made his daughter one and would practice with her, not because he loved her, but he wanted her to be better at fighting than anyone else. She trained for several years, until finally being able to defeat her father. The years after that were a blur, training, moving up the ranks in society, until at the age of twenty five, she became the village's chief of Locksley, which of course, made her parent's very proud. What didn't make her parents proud, was that Yves hated the sheriff, and supported the outlaws instead. Her parents were big supporter's of the sheriff.

{Family}
Mother;Angelina Mayfield;Alive;Locksley
Father;Ludwig Mayfield;Alive;Locksley
{Weapon}
A sword created by her father for Yves
g

Theme song-Moonlight Sonata

message 49: by Liam (new)

Liam I like her! Great character! Yves Mayfield is approved!

message 50: by Liam (new)

Liam Faylinn Ayvree Hood is approved!

« previous 1 3