Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Rhysand (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lina (new)

Lina | 81 comments What are your thoughts on his character?

message 2: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments Hot

message 3: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Grew to hate him in the first book. The second book changed my mind.

message 4: by Rells (new)

Rells (gingerwolfie) he is on my top 10 fictional men. like theres rhys, will herondale, po, dorian, percy.... ya know

message 5: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 200 comments Hands down one of my favorite characters. He's amazing.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Celis (stephaniiec) He's my book boyfriend number 1 (because I have several, LOL) and honestly, I never thought Will Herondale would be replaced as the number 1 haha, but then Rhys came and, oh well... I just love him, he's amazing. And I loved how we got to know him really well in ACOMAF. (Sorry for my bad english)

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 188 comments Omg, I loved him from the very first mention of him!!! And I just loved him even more in the second book! He is just...wow. Indescribably wow. I need a man like that.

message 8: by M (new)

M | 12 comments Rhysand is a fine man.

message 9: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 31 comments I didn't like him in the first book. Near the end I was starting to come around but was still unsure whether he was really on her side or not. LOVED him in the second book. Book two was so boring until he showed up then it was like yes this book is amazing. I loved his timing too. HAHA

message 10: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments He is the reason why I voted for A Court of Mist and Fury for Goodreads Choice.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa He is an AMAZING character...complex, secretive, passionate, brave, witty, smart and did I mention SEXY:) I was certainly hoping that he was Feyre's destiny because I was not a fan of Tamlin...something simply did not sit right about him...can anyone say coward?

message 12: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (avioletlife) Theresa wrote: "He is an AMAZING character...complex, secretive, passionate, brave, witty, smart and did I mention SEXY:) I was certainly hoping that he was Feyre's destiny because I was not a fan of Tamlin...some..."

I totally agree!!

message 13: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments bae

message 14: by Sokooky (new)

Sokooky | 78 comments idk hes okay to me

message 15: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments B A E

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorkoziak) | 16 comments rhysand can fuck me up anytime

message 17: by Stefana (new)

Stefana Ursache (flowerbook) HE IS PERFECT!!

message 18: by Alison (new)

Alison (mynameisalinicole) he's awesome

message 19: by Cors (new)

Cors (astheplotthickens) Not enough words to describe this amazingly crafted fictional being. ♡♡

message 20: by Aspiro (new)

Aspiro (crowleysbxtch) | 3 comments He was a bit aloof and mean during the first book in the series but towards the second I began to think of him differently. It's nice to know he wasn't going to be Feyre's enemy... and more of her love interest. Tamlin was a bore and very annoying.

message 21: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Rhysand?

No words!

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison (under_a_temple_of_stars) | 298 comments OK, so I just re read both books and rereading ACOTAR after reading ACOMAF, and it was so cool to see Rhysand's development in that book. Knowing all his motivations from before, and how Feyre reacts in the beginning to him. Knowing what we know now. It was enlightening and Tamlin certainly didn't come off as well. I never really liked him. I didn't think he fit Feyre. And re reading and seeing him in that throne room doing nothing but begging while Rhys was fighting and almost died, well it was amazing.
I loved how Maas did a slow build, so we had to learn to trust Rhysand along w/ Feyre. Beautiful

message 23: by Raksha (new)

Raksha R | 492 comments I was never really invested with Tamlin so I absolutely loved Rhysand. He is hot, witty and compassionate! Who wouldn't love him?!

message 24: by Sejal (new)

Sejal | 43 comments Stephanie wrote: "He's my book boyfriend number 1 (because I have several, LOL) and honestly, I never thought Will Herondale would be replaced as the number 1 haha, but then Rhys came and, oh well... I just love him..."

haha Will's my husband and Rhysand is book boyfriend #1 for me, just because I've "known" Will longer, and he was one of the very first YA characters that I fell in love with. :) But Rhysand is so amazing. I love him and I cannot wait for ACOWAR to come out so we can have more Rhysand!

message 25: by Maysam (new)

Maysam (maysamsiddig) | 176 comments My baby. My darling. My High Lord😍😍😍

message 26: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1847 comments I love this character, probably my all time favorite. Yes he is hot, but also so devoted, loving, fierce, loyal and very complex. I would love to read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas and the end of A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas from his point of view to get a more insight on his toughts.. :)

message 27: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 319 comments He is a cute lil' bat baby xD

message 28: by hedda (new)

hedda (heddiling) | 23 comments He's definitely entertaining, and is probably one do my favorite male characters.

message 29: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 700 comments Didn't like him in the first book, but loved him in the second book. His relationship with Feyre is healthier than when she was with Tamlin and he's helping her grow. I also greatly appreciate the slow build with him because his interactions with Feyre were the absolute best. Such a great character.

message 30: by Veda (new)

Veda (vedareads) | 39 comments I'm in love with him. I honestly hated him in the first book. Nothing against him at all, I just thought he would be potential competition and I didn't like it. Then in the second book I was like HELL YES RHSAND TAKE HER AWAY. I had some giant mood swing with him tbh. He's the loml, my fictional boyfriend. I love him more then I do Feyre, which is saying a lot bc she's the protagonist.

message 31: by Karen (new)

Karen | 10 comments Same as most, I wasn't a big fan in the first book, really liked him in the second and LOVED him in the latest. That is one of my favorite series ever and I am sad that it's over. Although she will be writing more books set in that world, I had this gigantic let down when I finished the book--not the story finishing, but the series end.

message 32: by Maysam (new)

Maysam (maysamsiddig) | 176 comments My baby. My life. My High Lord. My Illyrian warrior. My everything. I swear, Rhys is pretty much everything i look for in a guy. For his violet eyes to his gentlemanness (is that even a word?😂😂) to his sarcasm and humbleness and how he puts everyone else's needs before his. He's just so amazing and perfect and I want to hug him so badly. Sorry Will Herondale, I still love you unconditionally though.

message 33: by Maysam (new)

Maysam (maysamsiddig) | 176 comments From*

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhysand is one of the best fictional characters ever!!!!!!!! I want more scenes written again from his POV for more feels. (because why not?) In reality, the ACOTAR series is just too awesome for words to sum up (in my case).

message 35: by Keri (new)

Keri Armstrong (keri_armstrong) | 1 comments Loved him from the first book, even though he was a bit of jerk in that one. :)

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) I wasn't sure about Rhysand at first but omg did I start loving him by the end of the first book. He truly loved Feyre and was willing to give her up, no fights about it. He was the best male character in that whole series. I swooned over him so many times lol

message 37: by Nasom (new)

Nasom (nasom123) I found him okay. He was too perfect for me. It felt forced

message 38: by absnwhshsbw (new)

absnwhshsbw I liked him on the first two books but he was bored on the last one

message 39: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Nasom wrote: "I found him okay. He was too perfect for me. It felt forced"

Rhysand isn't perfect by any means. He puts others ahead of himself constantly and feels the need to protect the ones he loves even at great cost to himself. This isn't necessarily balanced and healthy. Sometimes we can't be everyone's savior. And because he is flawed in many respects and still healing from his past experiences yet has resolved not to allow the negative to define his nature makes me love him sooo much!

message 40: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 700 comments Yeah, I don't see him as perfect either. He had many flaws and has also made quite a few mistakes along the way. He's been insecure about his choices, such as his choice with Tarquin, and thinks he's not fit for happiness because of how much of a mess he is and the lengths he had to resort to in order to protect his city.

message 41: by Nasom (new)

Nasom (nasom123) I meant his relationship with Feyre not him as a whole. It felt like he was supposed to be the exact opposite of Tamlin in that aspect especially with the constant comparing hence it felt forced but thats just to me tho.

message 42: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Antrobus From the minute that he walked onto the page there was something so intriguing about him that I really wanted to know more. I never really fell for Tamlin, he just wasn't book boyfriend material for me, and so I really liked Rhysand and was thankful for his introduction. Book two just confirmed everything I thought. I liked book two A LOT!!!

message 43: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Gallup | 5 comments I hated him in ACOTAR, but grew to love him in ACOMAF. I love that he helped Feyre and wasn't scared to let her make her own decisions and have her be her own person. I did hate how in ACOWAR how they always seemed perfect together and I found that kind of unrealistic. But, I love Rhys.

message 44: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Kayla wrote: "I hated him in ACOTAR, but grew to love him in ACOMAF. I love that he helped Feyre and wasn't scared to let her make her own decisions and have her be her own person. I did hate how in ACOWAR how t..."

Actually, in ACOWAR there were a few instances where they disagreed but just like any good relationship you have to work through your differences. It doesn't mean that a couple is perfect but realistically well suited for each other.

message 45: by Irina's (new)

Irina's (irinasbookshelf) | 19 comments He is EVERYTHING... that about sums it up

message 46: by Madalena (new)

Madalena Casanova (madalenacasanova) | 123 comments PERFECT

message 47: by Alex (new)

Alex (acobaf) | 39 comments AMAZING! Rhysand is life....
OMG, I miss him and hate that the series is over.

Ren The Booknerd  (renthebooknerd) | 10 comments He's next to Percy and Maxon on my list of hottest and coolest fictional guy characters. I think he's GORGEOUS and HOT. Honestly, I just wanna be Feyre.

Ren The Booknerd  (renthebooknerd) | 10 comments Alexandra wrote: "AMAZING! Rhysand is life....
OMG, I miss him and hate that the series is over."

It's not over yet. There's three more. I literally screamed when I found out about it.

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex (acobaf) | 39 comments The Booknerd wrote: "He's next to Percy and Maxon on my list of hottest and coolest fictional guy characters. I think he's GORGEOUS and HOT. Honestly, I just wanna be Feyre."

YES!! You have excellent taste lady!!

« previous 1