Addicted to YA discussion

Heroines > Feyre Archeron (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lina (new)

Lina | 81 comments What are your thoughts on her character?

message 2: by Rells (new)

Rells (gingerwolfie) at first i didn't like her much- aka the first book- but the second book- MY GOSH I LOVE HER!!! like u see her go thru a depression and get out of it and that just sat with me on so many levels and UGGHHHH I LOVE HER

message 3: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 200 comments I completely agree. She is not only a strong character but one that we can see the transformation and I loved it.

message 4: by M (new)

M | 12 comments I love the way she is

message 5: by C. (new)

C. (mortalgirl) | 11 comments GingerQueen wrote: "at first i didn't like her much- aka the first book- but the second book- MY GOSH I LOVE HER!!! like u see her go thru a depression and get out of it and that just sat with me on so many levels and..."

Completely agree...I love it when a character grows into someone so much better and Feyre is now one of my all time favorites.

message 6: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Eversley GingerQueen wrote: "at first i didn't like her much- aka the first book- but the second book- MY GOSH I LOVE HER!!! like u see her go thru a depression and get out of it and that just sat with me on so many levels and..."

I also agree. Wasn’t a fan of her at the start...or more just didn’t see her as the heroine in the story because she seemed a bit weak. But now she’s one of my favourite female characters...her and Amren!!

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim | 85 comments I loved her from the start, where she lived with her family and kinda behaved like katniss. but after she fall in love with tamlin, omg i started to really dislike her and thought what an lovesick mary sue she ist.

but after the events in under the montain, i started to like her again. and holynshit. the following books are just so amazoing

message 8: by Tashie❤ (new)

Tashie❤ (tashie44) | 38 comments I loved her character, she's strong and faces her fears! She's not afraid to protect those who she loves! and will do anything for her family! And the things that she faced under the mountain, just shows she would go through hell for her loved ones!

message 9: by Natty❤Malec (new)

Natty❤Malec (nattymalec) I love her courage and dedication to the people she cares about, and the way her character grew from what Tamlin (collective groan of hatred) wanted from her to a powerful, independent, badass High Lady was amazing!

message 10: by Stormraised (new)

Stormraised | 39 comments I don`t remember the plot well and I also managed to read only 2 books of this series, but it`s enough to share my frustration, which started with first pages and settled my attachment to Feyre for the whole book.
Feyre is the only one person responsible for livelihood of their family, although others are fully capable adults. The only one doing ANYTHING to get foods and other basic stuff.
That`s not heroic. That`s not a beautiful sacrifise. That's completely stupid.

Didn`t she think what would happen to her lovely family, if sth wrong happens to her? Didn`t she thought that their life would be much better, if more people would work for common aim?
There are 2 options only in my opinion: she was too stupid too understand that by relieving their family in averything she didn`t protect them, she risked a lot. Or she - although she was the only person capable of gaining food and rest was totally dependent on her - wasn`t assertive enough to organise this family in any other way, which means she has totally weak personality.
And please, don`t compare her to Katniss... I just can`t imagine Katniss in such situation.

Okay, I offloaded ;) What do you think about this motif? Have you noticed it? Is there something that can justifice such attitude of heroine?

message 11: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Poor Feyre . . . :( that's a lot to put on someone who is so young (an enabler of incompetence, ingratitude, and helplessness). I just started it but so far I have a positive impression. :)

message 12: by Nikki22 (new)

Nikki22 I loved her character development and how much she grew as a person/fae. I also think it is great that she's strong, independent and doesn't need a man to be a badass. She is strong, capable, loving and at points quite funny as well. She is one of my favourite heroines of all time. Can I also point out how easily she became friends with Mor, Amren, Cassian and Azriel?!

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (beautiful-nerd) The first book I wasn't too fond of her for she seemed to always put herself down and she didn't think she was worth it and how her sister's were so much better than her along with how she didn't deserve to have anyone to love. The second, third and fourth book (Which I'm reading now) She had gained her confidence though she still has times where she feels like everything is her fault, though when she thinks of her friend and her mate things usually go back to being confident and herself.

message 14: by Zece (new)

Zece Just finished the first book I don’t know if my opinion will change but... she’s kinda stupid? How the hell did she not figure out that riddle it was the easiest thing I’ve ever heard. Also, wouldn’t a functioning human pick up how to read in 17 years? I learned without anyone teaching me. She also seems a little bland. I hope I like her better in the next book tho

message 15: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) I gotta say. The whole riddle answer reveal thing was ridiculous.

AzKatt [We're All MAD Here] ACOMAF was my favorite book in the series because of Feyre's having been broken, and then putting herself together again. ACOTAR is my favorite series right now, and I'm going to the bookstore today to get copies, so I don't have to go through the wait list at the library again :P

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Quigley (shannonq19) | 5 comments I loved her from the start. She cared so much about her family even though they had done nothing that showed her that they loved her. Throughout the series I admired how she cared so deeply about everyone around her, while no one seemed to think of her that way, Tamlin included. I was so happy at the end of the series when Feyre finally learned to love herself.

message 18: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 506 comments I've only started reading and I like her. I've only read 3 chapters

message 19: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 152 comments I wasn't really fond of Feyre in the first book. She reminded me of Katniss Everdeen a lot.

message 20: by carli :) (new)

carli :) (carlireadsss) | 21 comments Feyre seems to be a bit controversial to me. I think Sarah's adaptation of her was a bit rough. She seemed like a 'pick me' girl and didn't seem to understand what world she was in. Any realistically built character would be more aware of her surroundings and be carefully about the things she says around literal Fae beasts. Anyways, her attitude to Tamlin and Rhys was super irritating. She said she loved Tam and then went off and spent months with Rhys? Without sitting down and talking to Tamlin? Toxic relationships should never be romanticized, especially when the majority of the readers are young women, including myself. Tamlin was a terrible love interest, no doubt but Sarah could have used that opportunity to show what to do when something like that happens. I did, however, appreciate the Rhys and Feyre content. They, in my opinion, practiced sex AFTER 'marriage' which everyone knows is safer for your body and life. I also think the way they treat each other shows a friends before couple relationship, which tends to be healthier and lasts longer. She just has some issues with representation and then presenting toxic relationships as something that is okay. But I know that some people do not think this way and some people might be confused as to what I just wrote (please forgive me, it is almost midnight). So, to sum it up. Feyre and Tam's relationship could have been written differently in order to represent a healthy way to deal with something toxic going on. Instead, Sarah decided to make Feyre handle it in the most immature way possible. Run away with another guy and let the man you said you loved think the worst possible things have happened to you. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

message 21: by lizzysbooks (new)

lizzysbooks | 9 comments I like Feyre. AT the beginning of the first book I wasn't sure about her but the ending proved she was strong and capable. I like that Sarah J Maas showed that YA heroines don't have to be stone-cold killers or I'm not like other girls. She didn't go around murdering people but was still a strong character. Feyre is relatable and she dealt with her trauma in a realistic way.

message 22: by A (new)

A | 18 comments I don’t like her because 1)she can be really whiny and annoying and 2)she’s really hypocritical at times. Like when Tamlin locks her up and lets her waste away, she hates him, and even though Lucien tried to help, Feyre is still angry with him. But then she just let Nesta and Elain waste away in the House of Wind, and when Amren suggests they help with the whole Cauldron thing, Feyre says no.

Christiananeeltje Wooowww, this girl really like really makes me scream. She handles things so weird. Like she is mostly whining or thinking about what she’s gonna paint with these abstract colours. I don’t know what she even painted. Really frustrating. I don’t really understand why she even likes her sisters, cause to be honest, they treated her like real trash. I like Nesta and elain, but I don’t like the weird connection that they have after all the shit they put Feyre through. And the hate that she has for Tamlin was like so strong and suddenly it just stopped and she said: I hope you will be happy?

message 24: by Ronza (new)

Ronza (lunakamell) Feyre is such an annoying character that I was literally struggling to get through the book. She's definitely my least favorite character; in fact, I literally hate her. I get that Tamlin shouldn't have locked her up; but he deserve for her to hate him so much. She just leaves him and starts hating him so much even though if it wasn't for him, she would have been dead like such a long time ago. Because he was supposed to kill her when she killed his wolf friend but instead he brought her with him to live in a huge house with anything she could ever want. And if it wasn't for him, her family would have probably died of starvation because they didn't know how to catch food themselves but he gave them so much money and a big house too, which he didn't have to do. She doesn't appreciate anything he did for her or for her family and starts literally despising him. It annoys me so much!

message 25: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 506 comments @carli I agree to those points. I'm currently reading acowar and even though I connected a little to her in acomaf I'm so detached from her. I feels like her character hasn't really grown. only that she's given powers and made high lady and has Rhys as her mate.

and @angelina I definitely agree and when Amren told her she's acting like Tamlin, that hit hard like a truth!

@Ronza I'd say maybe Tam does love her in his own way but I think he used her. he did all that coz he needed her to break the curse and once the curse was lifted he became toxic for her.

message 26: by Ronza (new)

Ronza (lunakamell) Beenish wrote: "@carli I agree to those points. I'm currently reading acowar and even though I connected a little to her in acomaf I'm so detached from her. I feels like her character hasn't really grown. only tha..."
Yeah okay maybe he kinda did, but she still should have appreciated everything he did for her at least a little bit cuz he's the reason she's alive and her family's alive too.

message 27: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 506 comments I agree to that I think Tamlin in unforgivable after the things I've read him do. and I just do NOT like feyre no matter what. and I also think Rhys is too good for her