Neal Stephenson Goodreads Group discussion

Seveneves
This topic is about Seveneves
SevenEves

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Pergiel | 5 comments Things were going fine until I got about halfway through and then someone starts talking to the (former) President of the USA, and for some reason that I cannot quite understand, it completely repelled me. I put the book down and I haven't been able to pick it up since. Am I crazy? Has this happened to anyone else?

Laura Grace | 1 comments Nope. But (and this is true) I was reading this book thinking the title was SevenEYES nearly all the way through.

Greg Franklin | 3 comments I kept picturing Sarah Palin for some reason, ugh! Seriously man get over it, seveneves is a fantastic read. I read it twice already.

message 4: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Pergiel | 5 comments Scott wrote: "Hello
New to the group
I liked this book and found it a bit disturbing that after all that had happened, mankind couldn’t rise above getting a sharp stick and begin killing each other again."

Yeah, that was kind of a surprise. It's like it's in our blood or something. Or a decade of conditioning can't overcome a billion years of evolution.

message 5: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Pergiel | 5 comments Greg wrote: "I kept picturing Sarah Palin for some reason, ugh! Seriously man get over it, seveneves is a fantastic read. I read it twice already."
Eventually I did get over it and finished the book. I'm still surprised that that passage was so repellent. One of these days I'm going to go back and analyze it.