What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Old Young teen mystery about a married couple (Evil) taking in kids on an island. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandlerclove) | 2 comments I know this is very vague but I can not remember the name of this book to save my life. I read it when I was about 12/13 and I'm 19 now, but even when I read it, it was an old book. It was about a young girl going to live with an old married couple on this island after her family died in a fire (I think) and the old couple were in some way evil. They lived in a huge mansion on top of a hill and had a couple of other children living there. One part that I specifically remember in the book is the young girl was trying to escape the parents and went into the basement and found a door that led to the sewer system which fell into the ocean I think? and she went and either hid there or jumped out of there. I don't know if this will make sense at all but ive always wondered what the name of the book is. Please help!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 39 comments There are details of this that sound like Under the Mountain by Maurice Gee.

Twins (girl and boy) go to stay with their uncle and aunt (and cousin) who live next to a lake in a fancy house. It's hinted at that the twin's parents have died. The aunt and uncle aren't bad, but an old evil married couple live nearby. The twins sneak into this couple's house, and are almost found but escape through these strange tunnels they find in the basement that lead to the lake. They later go to an island. There are also aliens, and mind powers.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Duplicate thread here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please only post your query once, to avoid confusion, as people will usually add comments and suggestions in both.

message 4: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandlerclove) | 2 comments sorry, that thread was a very long time ago and i couldn't find it. please keep this one up.

message 5: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandlerclove) | 2 comments and Mary, i don't think that's it. thanks for answering though!

message 6: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandlerclove) | 2 comments EDIT: another detail i remember about the book is that it was always kind of gloomy/foggy/misty on the island. probably wont help a lot but migh as well try!

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Phillips | 8 comments Sounds a lot like "The Fog", "The Snow" and "The Fire", a trilogy by Caroline B. Cooney. FogSnowThe Fire Christina goes to an island to stay with The Shevvingtons. They are evil, and like to trap the souls of the children who live with them in various rooms of the mansion.

message 8: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandlerclove) | 2 comments oh my hell thats it!!!! thank you so much, you have no idea how much that's been bothering me!!!!