What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
This topic is about Knight Triumphant
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical adult. Castle seige. Alpha hero and heroine. Forced marriage [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie  | 4 comments I read the book about 5 to 10 years ago. The story is similar to "Lord of a Thousand Nights." The hero was the leader who took over her castle for his King. Heroine lived with other female family members in the castle. I remember s scene of her talking with them as the sew. The heroine lead the fight against the enemy. She was captured along with everyone in the castle. Heroine was very head strong. There was mutually charged attraction between hero/heroine from the begining of the story. Several chapters into the book the hero received message from his king that he should marry the heroine. When the news arrived the heroine mistakenly thought the message was about her death.

This is all I can remember. Hopefuly you can help. Thanks.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments It's been years since I read it, but this sounds similar to The Prize by Julie Garwood or perhaps one of her other highland romances.

message 3: by SBC (new)

message 4: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie  | 4 comments Brittany, Thanks for the response. I love "The Prize" by Julia Garwood. I reread it last month thinking it was the story that I seek. Unfortunately, it was not.

message 5: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie  | 4 comments Thanks SBC. I do have it in my collection. I flipped through the pages, but can't tell. It looks very promising. I have started reading it and will send update in a few days. Thanks for the lead.

message 6: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie  | 4 comments Solved. The book I was looking for was Knight Triumphant by Shannon Drake. I remembered more details of the book while reading Defy Not the Heart as suggested by SBC. Thanks everyone.

message 7: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Great! It's funny how memories can get triggered. Will have to look up Knight Triumphant myself...

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments Knight Triumphant for the link.