YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Bachelor Auction (The Bachelors of Arizona, #1)
This topic is about The Bachelor Auction
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Bachelor Auction by Rachel Van Dyken -- Start Date: October 13th 2016

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Cinderella never had to deal with this crap.

Jane isn't entirely sure that Cinderella got such a raw deal. Sure, she had a rough start, but didn't she eventually land a prince and a happily-ever-after? Meanwhile, Jane is busy waiting on her demanding, entitled sisters, running her cleaning business, and . . . yep, not a prince in sight. Until a party and a broken shoe incident leave Jane wondering if princes---or at least, a certain deliciously hunky billionaire---maybe do exist.

Except Brock Wellington isn't anyone's dream guy. Hell, a prince would never agree to be auctioned off in marriage to the highest bidder. Or act like an arrogant jerk---even if it was just a façade. Now, as Brock is waiting for the auction chopping block, he figures it's karmic retribution that he's tempted by a sexy, sassy woman he can't have. But while they can't have a fairy-tale ending, maybe they can indulge in a little bit of fantasy . .

Rachmi  | 4945 comments So have you started it, Beatrice? How is it so far? I cannot read it now, but will try to do it in the evening, maybe. I have to finish my works first :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "So have you started it, Beatrice? How is it so far? I cannot read it now, but will try to do it in the evening, maybe. I have to finish my works first :D"

Yes. I'm on Chapter 3, so far it's okay. I'll continue it tonight after I finish all my errands. :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 2, Esmeralda, Essence and Jane sounds mismatched. I mean if their parents named them Esmeralda and Essence I can see the connection, but then they name their youngest daughter Jane? that's weird choice. Unless Jane is their stepsister. That makes sense, at least to me :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 2, Esmeralda, Essence and Jane sounds mismatched. I mean if their parents named them Esmeralda and Essence I can see the connection, but then they name their youngest daughter Jane? that's ..."

I agree with this. Essence is the weirdest name though andI was wondering Jane is a stepsister too.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Brock's grandfather has the craziest idea of auctioning Brock. I can't help rolling my eyes on it.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Brock's grandfather has the craziest idea of auctioning Brock. I can't help rolling my eyes on it."

True! And I cannot understand he just willing with it? I know his grandfather is ill and all, but still.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 6, Jane needs to have more backbone. Her sisters are manipulating her.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 6, Jane needs to have more backbone. Her sisters are manipulating her.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 6, Jane needs to have more backbone. Her sisters are manipulating her."

YES! If I were her, I'll hit them with a roll of newspaper. Damn spoiled brats.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Brock's grandfather has the craziest idea of auctioning Brock. I can't help rolling my eyes on it."

True! And I cannot understand he just willing with it? I know his grandfather i..."

If I were him I'll decline. It's ridiculous... He's old enough to have his own choice.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments He is old enough to have and make his own choice! Both of them are annoying me. They should say no when they don't want to do things they've been asking. Apparently they all are a yes kind of people.

I guess in this case, they are perfect with each other.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 8, (view spoiler)

message 14: by Beatrice (last edited Oct 13, 2016 04:15AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 9, (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm gonna put this book down now, am going to watch A Monster Calls in a minute :) And probably continue reading it tomorrow.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Would it be evil to punch the man in the face? Hahaha! He's so annoying.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 9, [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 9, [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

He is!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 25, It's so easy for Jane to cry! Whether it's unshed tears or falling down. And then she'll just talk like nothing happen. Is it normal? She's like she's in her period, with all those up down emotions, all the time, lol

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 25, It's so easy for Jane to cry! Whether it's unshed tears or falling down. And then she'll just talk like nothing happen. Is it normal? She's like she's in her period, with all those up d..."

Maybe she's trying to be ok when she's not? LOL

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yes, she's obviously trying to show me that she's okay while she's not. But it's just irritating me, I don't know why, Lol

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Yes, she's obviously trying to show me that she's okay while she's not. But it's just irritating me, I don't know why, Lol"

I am hoping she stops pretending for once. Hahaha

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments So. Many. Sexual. Innuendos. In. This. Book.

I find the humor quite forced? It's making my eyes roll.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "So. Many. Sexual. Innuendos. In. This. Book.

I find the humor quite forced? It's making my eyes roll."

Same here! I'm not enjoying it at all. Those sexual innuendos supposed to be funny, but it ends up making my eyes roll. The first one, though, when they talk about the cock/rooster for the first time it was indeed funny, but then it lost its appealing to me.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "So. Many. Sexual. Innuendos. In. This. Book.

I find the humor quite forced? It's making my eyes roll."

Same here! I'm not enjoying it at all. Those sexual innuendos supposed to ..."

Exactly! These people need to shut up talking about cock over and over again. Though I laughed when Brock called it Diablo.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 30 -- more sexual tension haha!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 30 -- more sexual tension haha!"

(view spoiler)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Chapter 36 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 30 -- more sexual tension haha!"

[spoilers removed]"

I really don't like his sudden emotion, no matter that he has bad past. Everyone has bad past, he should control himself better.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Just finished! And it doesn't impressed me at all. In fact I didn't enjoy it :(

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments I finished it. I gave it 2.5 / 5 stars. The story was okay but most of the times it annoyed the heck out of me.. Nadine is savage though. That woman. LOL.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Agree, Nadine is much more interesting that those main characters, too bad she is only at the end of the book.

I give it 1.5 stars :p and rounding up to 2

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments I hope our next read will be better. hahaha!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Finger crossed! Now I so need a very good contemporary romance to replace this book from my memory hahaha

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Rachmi wrote: "Finger crossed! Now I so need a very good contemporary romance to replace this book from my memory hahaha"

Hahahaha! Ditto! If only Twisted Palace comes sooner... hahaha! :))

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Well it's only 3 more days, right? :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Yep but it still feels so far away. hahaha! :D