Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Christmas 2016 Gift Exchange!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Christmas 2016 Gift Exchange!
If you are interested in exchanging a gift (in the form of a book and other goodies) with another member of our group, please read all of the details below and send me the pertinent information. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Details
*Must sign up by November 20th so that assignments can be made by the end of November.
*$20 limit (or somewhere around this)
*Book Depository must ship to your country
*If under 18 years of age you must have parental consent to give out your address
*Assignments will be made by country when possible, in which case you may include a card or other small gifts in addition to your book, otherwise you may use Book Depository.
*Please send me the following information in a message:
-Ebook or physical book
-Email and/or physical address
-A book wishlist (either a shelf on goodreads, a list on amazon/book depository, or a list of books you would like to receive)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Fun! :) I'll be messaging you. I just have to work on a list.

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Excellent. :)

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great, Lisa!:)

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) Super excited to take part in this! I'll be sending my info to you soon.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Awesome Courtney, glad to have you participate!

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Excellent! Glad people are interested. :)

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yes, this is great! It will only get better from here as we've still got about a month and a half.:)

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Definitely. I've already gotten messages from two people. :)

message 10: by Mehrnaz (new)

Mehrnaz Siavoshi (readbymer) Gotta make a list now :)

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Wonderful!

message 12: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 44 comments Im in

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Great, just message me the info!

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great!

message 15: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Hrivnak (charmedhavenbookreviews) | 4 comments C.C. Hrivnak; cayce.hrivnak@aim.com; physical book, please! I miss having a book in my hands. My address is 3620 Whiteoak Dr. Apt. 2 Cincinnati, OH 45247. Anything on my Goodreads "To Read" list should be perfect. I'm so excited!!!

message 16: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Hrivnak (charmedhavenbookreviews) | 4 comments I'm sorry, I didn't see we had to message you the info.

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments C C: If you want to message me your info that would be great. That way your address doesn't have to be visible. :)

Colleen-Is Trying to Catch Up Got a Lot Going On 🤪 (colleensreadingadventures) | 967 comments I would like to participate! Have to work on a list though still.

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Great, Colleen! I plan to make assignments on Friday or Saturday, so as long as you have everything to me by then that's fine. :)

message 20: by Monica (new)

Monica (moni78) | 22 comments is it to late to join? I would like to participate.

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments No. Please send me your info!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Will there be somewhere we can post when we receive our gift to say thank you... or should we do it here? :)

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments You can do that here, since it's already open. Good idea! :)

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) My gift arrived last night, but I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas :-) So a big THANK YOU in advance!

message 25: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Hrivnak (charmedhavenbookreviews) | 4 comments I received mine today!!! I am so excited to get started reading it. THANK YOU!!!!! :D

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

What book did you get C.C.?

message 27: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 44 comments I recieved mine today :) thank you

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments I just sent mine out. Sorry for the lateness but been kind of busy.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sent

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'm sending a letter separate from the book

message 31: by Mehrnaz (new)

Mehrnaz Siavoshi (readbymer) I sent mine through Book Depository a few days ago.

Got my books today and I am so excited to start reading! Thanks so much :) I got We Should Hang Out Sometime Embarrassingly, a True Story by Josh Sundquist and Just Don't Fall How I Grew Up, Conquered Illness, and Made It Down the Mountain by Josh Sundquist !

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Oh I forgot to put that it will be two packages sent from Amazon.

message 33: by Monica (new)

Monica (moni78) | 22 comments I sent mine during cyber Monday. Hoped they liked them.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got box 1 of 2 from my Secret Santa via Amazon. Thanks for my book (THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR by Nicola Yoon)!! Excited and ready to start reading! Looking forward to box 2 when it gets here!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie, I just got box #2 and LOVE the tea assortment! It is awesome and I will be able to enjoy it in a new mug I got from a little friend at church, Thanks for your thoughtfulness!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Oh I forgot to put that it will be two packages sent from Amazon."
Got them both. Thanks so much! LOVE everything. (BTW; I tried to be your friend on Goodreads, but it didn't like my answers... lol.)

message 37: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) This. Was. Awesome. I opened my surprise on Christmas morning and loved loved loved it. I'm definitely uping my game next year...I may even start on my ideas now :)

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed this! We will definitely do it again next year.

How many of you would be interested in having a yearly buddy? Someone you would send a few things out to for birthdays and such? Just something I've been thinking about and wanted to know if anyone in the group would be interested.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Courtney wrote: "This. Was. Awesome. I opened my surprise on Christmas morning and loved loved loved it. I'm definitely uping my game next year...I may even start on my ideas now :)"

I am so glad you liked it! I loved the whole idea as well! It was fun!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

C P wrote: "Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed this! We will definitely do it again next year.

How many of you would be interested in having a yearly buddy? Someone you would send a few things out to for bi..."

I would be IN for a Yearly buddy!

message 41: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Awesome! Maybe I'll come up with something and post to see if we have enough interest. Ideally that would be buddies in the same country.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

C P wrote: "Awesome! Maybe I'll come up with something and post to see if we have enough interest. Ideally that would be buddies in the same country."
Sounds great! :)

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) I'm also in, was thinking about something similar :)

message 44: by Monica (new)

Monica (moni78) | 22 comments Finally received my gift. Got to love book depository shipping lol. Thank you The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickins in my favorite cover. Its my third copy and all were gifts this year. Thanks Santa.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Oh I forgot to put that it will be two packages sent from Amazon."

I got a bonus gift (owl bookmark) today! Thanks again for all. Thoughtful and wonderful!!

Colleen-Is Trying to Catch Up Got a Lot Going On 🤪 (colleensreadingadventures) | 967 comments I think a yearly buddy would be fun!

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Good! I started putting together some info. :)

Colleen-Is Trying to Catch Up Got a Lot Going On 🤪 (colleensreadingadventures) | 967 comments Cayce, I don't know how I missed the email but I was cleaning out my inbox and found your gift today!
Thank You so much, I am very excited to read Sugars Dance. :)

Happy New Year!

message 49: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) Colleen wrote: "I think a yearly buddy would be fun!"

What's a yearly buddy??! I want one! :-)

Colleen-Is Trying to Catch Up Got a Lot Going On 🤪 (colleensreadingadventures) | 967 comments Hi Courtney! It sounds like we do a couple things for our buddy throughout the year, especially on their Birthday. It's sounds fun and a nice way to get to know someone from our group!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.