Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Intials issue

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raquel (new)

Raquel | 4 comments I thought this had been cleared up but it seems to be back.

There are 2 listings for me.
R.V. Reyes (correct)
R V Reyes (wrong) https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Can I get the version without punctuation deleted?

Thank you
Raquel (R.V. Reyes)

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Since it appears that there is a giveaway under the R V Reyes name, I would suggest you wait until after the giveaway ends as we cannot be sure that moving the book will not in some way mess up the giveaway.

You can also contact GR Support and ask that they sort it out as they do have some input in Giveaways

message 3: by Arenda (last edited Oct 12, 2016 06:09AM) (new)

Arenda | 19998 comments Sometimes the profile is created again, usually when a book is imported with the incorrect spelling of the author name.
Since librarians can't merge author profiles when one of them is a GR author profile, I've asked for a merge in this thread, to be done by GR Staff: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

(Librarians can move books to the correct author profile, but there is also a follower who can't be moved by librarians.)

Thanks Paula, I didn't click through to the book because there was a follower and didn't refresh the page to see that you had commented. I've removed my message from the author profiles thread.

message 4: by Raquel (new)

Raquel | 4 comments Giveaway was under the correct author R. V.
Giveaway is complete.
Just coming back to this thread. I'll investigate if change was made and report back.

message 5: by Raquel (new)

Raquel | 4 comments Giveaway was under the correct author R. V.
Giveaway is complete.
Just coming back to this thread. I'll investigate if change was made and report back.

message 6: by Raquel (new)

Raquel | 4 comments I'm on the app using an ipad. Sorry for the double post. The app is always glitchy.

Looks like the name issue was corrected. Thank you.