Horror Aficionados discussion

New Releases > Black Pine Creek by David Haynes

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Today marks the release of my new book - Black Pine Creek Black Pine Creek by David Haynes

It's my longest story so far, by some distance, and is a bit of a departure for me. Set in Alaska, a gold mine in The Interior to be exact, I've written it in American English to, give it a more authentic feel.

I hope it works. I've had some help with a few aspects of the novel regarding the "American ness" of it so hopefully that will pay dividends. Including some very helpful officers in the Fairbanks Police Department.

At Black Pine Creek, there's a gold mine, some men with secrets, a fair bit of snow and something else...

It's a whopping 99c or 99p so I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Pine-Cre...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Pine-C...

Gold is all Scott Draper knows. Gold and darkness. A lifetime of mining has broken his life, estranged him from his daughter and left two dead men behind.

One last opportunity might turn things around – an abandoned mine in the icy Alaskan wilderlands. If he can bring his old crew together to help, they could all end up rich.

Draper knows that darkness always follows the gold. What he doesn’t know is that something even darker than his past, something nightmarish and ravenous, is waiting for them all in the shadows of Black Pine Creek.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) Bought and jumped to next in my TBR list - good luck with the launch.

message 3: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Cheers, Michael!

message 4: by Char (last edited Oct 12, 2016 07:53AM) (new)

Char  | 14245 comments Mod
Best of luck with the new book, David!
I bought a copy but it may be a while before I can work it in.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Congrats David! Good to see you tried something different and I'm sure it'll work and be a great read.

message 6: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Thanks for the support, Char!
And thank you, Justin. I hope so.

message 7: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 3128 comments Mod
I've noticed good comments and reviews for this book today and got my copy. I look forward to reading it soon. :)

message 8: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Thank you, Wendy, that's very good of you and much appreciated!

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments Just bought it, good luck David!

message 10: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Kate wrote: "Just bought it, good luck David!"

Thanks, Kate!

message 11: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 1612 comments Just picked up a copy, David. May take a while TBR, but it sounds great. Best of luck!

message 12: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Hey, thanks, David!

message 13: by Charlotte (last edited Oct 31, 2016 06:13AM) (new)

Charlotte Wildflower | 58 comments Congratulations on your book David, it looks really good.
I've gotten completely of of the habit of buying books - especially e-books, but I might just buy this one anyway. It is cheap and at the same time I get to support a fellow Aficionado :-)
Just looked at your other books, you have quite a list! Sorry to say I haven't read any - yet.
But I have a question about one thing. You say that this is your longest story, but "The Undertaker's Cabinet" is said to be over 1200 pages, maybe they mean words? Also how long is "Beneath the Boards"? There are no mention of length, neither in the description nor in the reviews.
I ask because I'm mostly into longer books, and they sound interesting :-)

message 14: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments Hi Charlotte, and thank you!

It is my longest book. The page count on Amazon is 319.
Boo! 277
Beneath the Boards 224
The Undertaker's Cabinet 204

I got these numbers from the Amazon store. I think I know where you got the 1200 pages from. The '1' is the edition number.

If I ever write a 1200 page book I'll need a long lie down afterwards, with a good drink of a good malt whisky!

message 15: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments John wrote: "Just got it! Happy Halloween!"

Thank you, John!
And a Happy Halloween to you too!

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) I loved it - here's my review:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/201...

In short - check it out!

message 17: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Wildflower | 58 comments Ok thanks David.

No, I got the 1200 pages from Goodreads information on the book (That's actually where I get most of my book info these days).

But ok, I will start with your new one. My first book buy in years!! Don't know, it is probably a habit with the long books, but I prefer over 250-300 pages.

message 18: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3177 comments You're a very good man, Michael. Thank you.

And thank you, Charlotte! I'm honoured. First book buy in years? Wow, how have you managed to resist all those great books out there? I struggle to go through a day without being tempted!

My first ever sale in Denmark, I shall watch for it coming through!

message 19: by Charlotte (last edited Oct 31, 2016 08:29AM) (new)

Charlotte Wildflower | 58 comments Lol, I get by because I read a lot of library books. Right now I'm actually at the library, just picked up Sacred Blood and The Genesis Plague among others. And I get plenty tempted - maybe that's why I have over 200 library books at home right now... But I feel I'm restraining myself, compared to the thousands I have on my to-read list. :-)
Add to that all the free books, I got 4 hardcover and 3 e-books just this afternoon.

message 20: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Wildflower | 58 comments Hmm, maybe it's your first because it doesn't work in Denmark :-(
Just tried, but got a message that said I couldn't get it.