Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > CP and swap wanted for fantasy/romance story 52k

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Stafinski | 26 comments Hi everyone! I'm currently seeking betas for my completed fantasy novel! This is my first attempt at fantasy, and I warn you that this is the first draft lol! That being said, I'm looking for some overall feedback on the novel...I'd be happy with someone reading it and letting me know what they did and didn't liked, but I'd also like to have at least one person willing to delve a little deeper and discuss things such as plot, pacing, character development, and all that jazz. And I'm definitely willing to swap!

It is a new adult/young adult fantasy novel with a little bit of romance tossed in. I also like to think of it as a little twist on Red Riding Hood :D

I'll post the synopsis, although honestly I feel like it doesn't do the story justice at all! I'm no good with summaries, but think werewolves, banshees, reapers...that sort of thing!

Synopsis:
Zara was never meant to be an outcast. Once upon a time she was a member of the renowned and respected forest guard, the Red Capes. That is until an unfortunate accident in the dark forest left her partner dead and her to blame. Zara was expelled from the guard and forced into a life of shame. She makes her living doing odd, dangerous jobs no one else dares to take on. More often than not, she finds herself on the wrong side of the law and further away from any opportunity to redeem herself. Her prayers are answered when a huntsman from a neighboring kingdom seeks her out for her help in a daring rescue mission that will lead them to a place no one else dares to venture; the very center of the dark forest. Zara knows what dangers lie within, yet can't help but accept Ronan's proposition as her one and only chance to prove herself to the Red Capes. That is if either of them makes it out alive.

If you're interested, feel free to either post here or drop me a message!

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Drakulich | 21 comments Hi Nikki - I am interested in doing a CP/Beta read swap with you.
My book is a 25,000K SciFi Romance.

If interested contact me at diana.drakulich@gmail.com

Blurb - OVERLORD - A story of forbidden love.

Sorsha, a technician working in a top secret underground lab in Nevada discovers a captive ET being tortured for his secrets.

Sorsha feels an instant connection with the Drakon-Arkon hybrid, Sava. Convinced the magnificent humanoid will soon die under such extreme interrogation, Sorsha decides to risk it all and free him. Somehow.

But the abused alien turns out to be far more powerful than the weak victim Sorsha thought she was saving.

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Vacaroaia | 32 comments Hi Nikki,
I'm still in the first round of editing for my sci fi-romance novel, but would love to do a CP/Beta read swap with you.
Synopsis:

Jay Dee has been hiding in the woods for two months in the year 2957 when he's drugged, kidnapped and forced to participate in a televised game show to the death. Very salty about this drastic turn of events, he tries to find a way to escape while fighting his personal demons. It doesn't help matters when he falls in love...

warning: my story does explore different sexualities, contains foul language, has some gory fight scenes, and has a couple PG13 sex scenes.

Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com if you're interested.