Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > The Quality of Manuscripts on this Site

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen | 28 comments Okay - since offering my services as a free Beta Reader I have read 3 (now on my 4th) partial to full manuscripts and I must say I have been totally blown away by the quality of the writers in this group - you guys are amazing. It has been a lot of effort and an awful lot of fun and I've loved getting to know you and working together to sort out the bumps. I now have a fairly massive backlog but would encourage anyone who thinks they can take on free Beta Reading to do it - this site is a treasure trove.

message 2: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 25 comments I second that emotion!

message 3: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Stopps | 7 comments I am currently doing a beta reading swap and I have to agree. It feels like a privilege to be able to read the manuscript. I'm really impressed.

message 4: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 43 comments just wanted to thank you ladies for helping us authors

message 5: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 130 comments Another thumbs up from me, Helen. Many thanks for your wonderful help.

message 6: by David (new)

David Callinan (davidcallinan) | 32 comments Hello
My surrogacy thriller MISCONCEPTION has been long listed for a Crime Writers Associaton Dagger award. (under my pen name of Jack Burns).

It is a work-in-progress. Three leading literary agents (so far) are keen to see the finished book based on a three chapter pitch – or even read extracts/chapters as I write them. The book will probably be finished by Christmas.

Think of it as 'Fatal Attraction' meets 'Girl On A Train'.

I am looking for a beta reader to take a look at the first nine or ten chapters and then (if interested) more chapters over months to stay close to the story. Probably easier to email me at books@davidcallinan.com although I have ticked the notify me box.

message 7: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 38 comments David, I've sent you a private email. I am happy to consider beta reads for others, too, in exchange for either an advance review for my next book to be published, Hit and Run http://bobswriting.com/hitandrun.html or a beta read of one of the volumes of my current work, as SF story The Doom Healer.