Time Travel discussion

Time Travel in the News > American Library Association Booklist of 36 time-travel novels

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
There are quite a large number of those I've never heard of. Perhaps we can use this list to narrow down what we read next year.

message 3: by Adria (new)

Adria Cimino | 10 comments I've heard a lot of good things about Kindred by Octavia Butler, which is on the list. Looks like a lot of interesting choices on this list!

message 4: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
We've already read Kindred as a group, but it is a good one.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 144 comments Glad to see Ken Grimwood's Replay on the list. It's an underrated classic, IMO, and not nearly well known enough.

message 6: by Amy, Queen of Time (last edited Dec 30, 2017 08:45PM) (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Michele wrote: "Glad to see Ken Grimwood's Replay on the list. It's an underrated classic, IMO, and not nearly well known enough."

We read that one a couple of years ago as a group (but you know that). I found a waterlogged copy of it in a used book store years ago and loved it. It was only when we read it in this group that I discovered that Grimwood was born in a city nearby the rural near-bookless wasteland where I grew up, so I feel some sort of intellectual bookish affinity with him. He seems like an interesting guy to have known. Too bad his more interesting sounding other novels are impossible to find at a reasonable price without stumbling upon them accidentally in a used bookstore.

message 7: by Isa (new)

Isa Briarwood Ken Grimwood's book Replay is one of my favorites. I don't usually hold onto novels after I've read them, but this is a book I plan to reread a few times. I've recommended it to tons of people since I first found it about 7 years ago.