What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Child of Faerie, Child of Earth
This topic is about Child of Faerie, Child of Earth
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Medieval fantasy story about a fairy prince who saves a human girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ally (new)

Ally | 2 comments The book is in that nebulous realm of could have been written for adults or for teens

The heroine is a girl in Medieval England, she is the niece or daughter of a landowner who treats her terribly.

She meets a fairy prince (or a guy who is close enough to one) who ends up taking her back to his world but for some reason she decides to leave the fairy realm for her home again

When she leaves the queen/prince's mother warns that she can never come back if we leaves or it might be along the lines of thy can't guarantee her safety if she does go back to her abusive home

She goes back and it goes wrong but the prince saves her somehow.

I read this circa 2009-11 but it wasn't a new book then, I remember the cover being an illustration.

message 2: by SBC (new) - rated it 4 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Reminds me of a Josepha Sherman book I read but I can't remember which one - Windleaf or Child of Faerie, Child of Earth. Could it be either of those?

message 3: by Ally (new)

Ally | 2 comments It was Child of Faerie Child of Earth!! Thank you!

message 4: by SBC (new) - rated it 4 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Ally wrote: "It was Child of Faerie Child of Earth!! Thank you!"

Awesome, glad I was able to help!