LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

The Shape of Mercy
This topic is about The Shape of Mercy
2016 Reads > The Shape of Mercy

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber G., Group Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amber G. (lavenderbutterfly) | 288 comments Mod
I added a new book to the mix! I know it's last minute, but this book is awesome and I think you will all love it! It's a historical fiction based on the Salem Witch Trials. Totally clean, and great!

Debbie | 43 comments Mod
love this book!!!

Shaela Kay | 23 comments See?! I knew you would love Susan Meissner!! This is my favorite of her books. Although Secrets of a Charmed Life is a close second...

message 4: by Amber G., Group Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amber G. (lavenderbutterfly) | 288 comments Mod
It was in my neighborhood book club for this month. I read the whole thing in one day to finish in time! Fun discussions with it, too.

Katrina Lybbert | 72 comments I just noticed you have added this. I have read a book by Susan Meissner before (Lady in Waiting) and I loved it. I will try to get a copy of this and add it to my to be read pile.

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) I will look for it also since Amber is recommending it. Thanks

Shaela Kay | 23 comments Lady In Waiting was the first book of Susan's that I read. Now I've read a handful and love them all!! Shape of Mercy is arguably my favorite.

Erika I loved it.
it made me think about myself and how I look at others.

Katrina Lybbert | 72 comments I was able to get this book from my library finally, so I am starting to read it today.

Kld2003 | 6 comments Having an ancestor who was accused of being a witch, but during the trial was found not guilty, made this book even more meaningful to me. I loved it though it's not your typical historical fiction. It is a thought provoking read perfect for book club discussions. I will recommend it to my Lunch Bunch book club!

message 11: by Janet (new)

Janet Fralick | 13 comments I just finished this book yesterday. The part that touched me the most was when Mercy realized just what some people would do for love. Be it love of a person, an idea or a principle. What would you do for love? Would you hurt others if they threatened the thing that you loved most? Does the love of God justify any action against those you perceive are at odds with God? I was impressed with Mercy's ability to see things through the eyes of others and forgive even when she knew the error of their ways. She tried to understand them instead of judge them.