Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Thoreau misquote (help me, super librarians!)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments If you have already posted requests in the main requests thread please indicate in the threads you are now creating to save duplicate work

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Paula wrote: "If you have already posted requests in the main requests thread please indicate in the threads you are now creating to save duplicate work"

What Paula meant was that you should link to your original request, so librarians don't attempt to complete your requests that have already been completed. Adding notes of "PLEASE SAVE DUPLICATE WORK!" just confuses the matter more.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments They will not find out until they have done some work, which is a waste of time, unless it is a deletion then they will get a message saying the quote does not exist, if it is a change / edit to the text then there will be work to do before seeing the change

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Since I have done all the quotes in the main thread, I dont know which of the new threads have duplicate requests that have already been done. Someone would need to go through each individual new request you have made and check and since most where changes to text it will take time.

If you want to go through them, check and then delete the duplicate thread then thats fine, just leave the ones that where not done in the main thread.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Gallagher | 8 comments You got them all! You are a superstar! Thank you so much! This made my day!